Compatibility with Virpil and VKB grips

CARLOS_RODRIGUEZ
Product: R3
S/N: 14

Compatibility with Virpil and VKB grips

Post by CARLOS_RODRIGUEZ »

Hi there,
Virpil and VKB are doing some very good looking and high-quality grips, do you know if our FSSB R3 is compatible with this news grip? for what I know both companies have adapters or grips compatibles with the Thrustmaster base but with some limitations (digital signal instead of analog, fewer buttons, etc). What do you think?

http://virpil.com/en/
https://vkbcontrollers.com/

Thanks,
Carlos.
JASON_MUSCAT
S/N: 38

Re: Compatibility with Virpil and VKB grips

Post by JASON_MUSCAT »

I will be mating my R3 with a VirPil grip and will let you know how it works out.
CARLOS_RODRIGUEZ
S/N: 14

Post by CARLOS_RODRIGUEZ »

Thank you, Janson :D
Scotty
S/N: 12

Post by Scotty »

I have the VPC & have the VKB MCG on order

As far as the Virpil goes (an early grip) it works fine through target with FSSB.

However it's all over the place when using the FSSB software, so unless the firmware or software of the FSSB was rewritten it won't work for adjustments on the fly, which is a real pity as I like using it.

When the VKB MCG arrives I'll post up findings, I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it behaves better as I really like the Russian style grips

Here's hoping Manuel sees the post it would be great to have compatibility with these new sticks as the Virpil is really nice and the VKB looks even better (IMHO)
JASON_MUSCAT
S/N: 38

Post by JASON_MUSCAT »

I received the VirPil grip today and it is acting very strange. It mates to the FSSB base fine but the buttons when pressed appears to trigger two button commands simultaneously. And for each single button pressed, it is the same two buttons recognized in both the windows and FSSB software.

I have disassembled the grip and can find no continuity issues with a multi meter. Given the FSSB is basically a PCB, there isn't much to test there. Either the FSSB is faulty, or the PCB and chip in the grip are simply not compatible. If it turns out the grip is incompatible, this will be odd as it is specifically designed for the warthog base.

Is there a known failure mode for the FSSB where, if a single button is pressed it recognizes two buttons? Ideas ?
Scotty

Post by Scotty »

Jason did you read my post above

I am certain it's a compatibility issue

If you run the VKB grip with TARGET you will probably see that it acts exactly as expected (it does for me).

I have also used it in DCS and tested Dx buttons and again fine

It only behaves strangely with the RS HID Tool for the FSSB

John
Shark
Product: ---
S/N: 0

Post by Shark »

Hi, if any of you can send us a Virpil joystick, we will fix the issue or will do a new firmware to support this joystick.

Best regards,

Bartolome
Scotty

Post by Scotty »

Hi Bartolome

I'm not using my Virpil handle right now so could probably send it to you if you like

Give me address details and I'll see what I can do, need to find a big box first to put it in

John
Shark

Post by Shark »

Hi, John,
Thanks for your offering. I send you the information by PM
Best regards,

Bartolome
Shark

Post by Shark »

Hello everybody,

Thanks to the colaboration of John "Scotty", the R3 Warthog and Lighting are now full operatives with the Virpil T-50 grips.

You can find on the Realsimulator download page the new firmware versions. Files are valid for Thrustmaster and Virpil grips.

Best regards and thanks again, John

Bartolome