New Firmware revision. ASKING FOR SUGGESTIONS

Dragon
Product: ---
S/N: 0

New Firmware revision. ASKING FOR SUGGESTIONS

Post by Dragon »

Dear R3 family.
EDITED FRIDAY 29/06/2018, last edit 03/10/2018
the RSF16SGRH firmware in close to br finished and send to testers, I would like also send the R3 modifications, to be included in the 3.XX firmware release. At this time the modifications suggested are:
Wheaticus-> On/Off button to select the SMM action *** Done with in the new grips, SMM is out and adjust perfil added ***
Carlos Rodriguez-> SSF firmware precision mode linked to trigger first detent *** DONE ***
Harf4ng-> invert for the X and Y axles, (180º rotation) *** Done ***
AzE Helicopert Trim Modes, we need Heli Test pilot, in ord er to make a good good firmware. ** waiting for helicopter beta team / pilot in order to develop a heli firmware **

Please if I have forgot something, let me know, in order to include in this new release.
Thanks

EDIT END

The RS_F16_SG_HOM firmware is near to be finished, in the first try. for sure in the next couple of years, will be upgraded with many suggestions from all of you, but at this moment, the most important is compìle a list of the features you wnat include in the R3. just as the R3 firmware will be upgraded in this month, in order to comm and control the news grips. and we would like include in the new release as many features as possible. to continue or work in the next months in the grips firmware, for this reason we would love give you the features for the R3 in the next release. to keep our mind in peace ;)

SO, PLEASE if you like, talk with your friend with a R3 and all together create with the features you would love have included in the next release.

THANKS and BEST REGARDS
Dragon
Last edited by Dragon on Thu Oct 04, 2018 9:59 am, edited 3 times in total.
Nakono Kana
Product: R3
S/N: 51

Re: New Firmware revision. ASKING FOR SUGGESTIONS

Post by Nakono Kana »

The only thing I can think of is the ability to assign any button as the SMM mode button. Having the CMS center push or paddle + pinky works for the TM Warthog stick, but because nowadays we have more options like the Virpil MongoosT-50 and the VKB MCG Pro, it'd be nice to be able to use any button we like as the SMM mode button.
Dragon

Post by Dragon »

In the new Grips will be a dedicated rotary switch to change between modes, so we will discuss with the betatesters about the posibility to getout the SMM button, and make the configuration only by RS_HID_DEV_TOOL. in out opinion have a dedicated switch is the ideal solution.

We will discuss this matter in deph in the betatesting be sure.

Best Regards
Dragon
Nakono Kana
S/N: 51

Post by Nakono Kana »

Thanks Dragon! Having a dedicated switch would be a much better option. Really looking forward to the pre-orders for this grip!
chrisp123
S/N: 115

Post by chrisp123 »

The ability to detect an analog axis in the grip - it is not quite clear if the mentioned rotary in the new F-16 grip is an analog axis (that would be cool).
- and if that could support the MongooseT50 pinky brake lever that would be super!

Cheers ChrisP
Dragon

Post by Dragon »

Hi The rotary switch, will be used to adjust in real time the whole system instead the actual SMM buttons.

About Analog axles, will be a great surprise, but is not time yet to give final details.

What I can let you know, is that firmware is finished for the initila version, system is working smooth and we really love it. now we are working in the new DCC and new RS_HID_DEV_TOOL to include all the news features in the R3 page and adding the own F16 Side Grip left and rigth pages.

Too much work and too much code lines, but every code line we include will give you some advantage when you use it, so our time will be well used every time you press a button in our grip stick.

Thanks
CARLOS_RODRIGUEZ
S/N: 14

Post by CARLOS_RODRIGUEZ »

Hi there,

Many modern jets (and others not so modern) have a G delimiter that could be overridden by the pilot by doing an additional force on the stick. With a traditional mechanical joystick, it is not possible to read this extra force and usually, it is implemented by sending an 'X' key pressed event. The FSSB is able of sending this event (DirectX input) to the game when a certain force threshold is passed.
Is it possible to add the option to the FSSB config "SendEventX" when a Specific force is applied?
Thanks,
Carlos.
Dragon

Post by Dragon »

Yes of course. can be done.

Can you please, let to the comunity, in what simulator, will you use this upgrade? in order to let then also, know if this improvement is a good idea or not.

Thanks Carlos.
CARLOS_RODRIGUEZ
S/N: 14

Post by CARLOS_RODRIGUEZ »

In DCS multiples planes have similar features:
Mirage 2000 AoA limit
- Real aircraft: there are spring systems. The elastic stop needs 10kg of pull force to reach, then there is a wall and you need 40kg of force to break it.
So you won't do it by accident.
- DCS module: by default full stick aft is elastic limit. You need to hold the "AP off" button to go to mechanical stop. and exceed to 9G/ 29° AoA limit.

DCS: F-5E Tiger II, aileron limiter
Su-27 and Su-33 AOA/G limiter override
Mig-29 Stick Deflection Override
Silvershade
Product: R3L
S/N: 60

Post by Silvershade »

I would like to be able to set any button on either my warthog throttle or ch throttle to act as the precision modifier. That way I'm not throwing off my aim on my right stick by pushing buttons. The first stage trigger as precision is a step in the right direction. But I don't even use my trigger as a primary fire because I find it can throw off my aim.