Y-Axis Oscillating Between 0 and 65535

Calvin_Morrow
Product: R3L
S/N: 84

Y-Axis Oscillating Between 0 and 65535

Post by Calvin_Morrow »

Greetings,

I installed the MJF_FW_2_00_2.FSSB_R3 firmware (using the V1_02_rev2 RS Tools) on my FSSB R3 Lighting today and immediately after the firmware finished, the base started blinking red and beeping repeatedly.

This is because the Y-Axis value is jumping between 0 and 65535 (min/max). Pushing on the stick does not change the Y-Axis values at all. The X-Axis is working perfectly. I've tried doing the Neutral Position procedure and it does not make any difference. What should I do?
FSSB_R3_0.PNG
FSSB_R3_65535.PNG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Shark
Product: ---
S/N: 0

Re: Y-Axis Oscillating Between 0 and 65535

Post by Shark »

Dear Calvin,

Please, send me a private message in order to send you an older firmware and do some test.

Best regards,
Scotty
Product: R3
S/N: 12

Post by Scotty »

Hi

I'm seeing exactly the same thing as of this morning, everything was working perfectly yesterday with no problem

Today I booted up my computer the stick base is flashing red continuously and going into the device tool I'm getting exactly the same problem reported orignally by Calvin_Morrow

I'd really appreciate some help

John
Calvin_Morrow
S/N: 84

Post by Calvin_Morrow »

Shark helped me downgrade to an earlier firmware which worked fine after flashing and running the calibration process.
Scotty
Product: R3
S/N: 12

Post by Scotty »

Thanks Calvin

You don't have a copy of the software anywhere by any chance that I could possibly try?

I hope it's just a software issue but it's wierd that I didn't change anything and then it went from working fine to now completly borked

John
Frank_Pullano
S/N: 85

Post by Frank_Pullano »

I encountered this very same issue today. I flew just last night and then today, when I applied power it started blinking and beeping red. I checked and it was the Y axis just as described above. I tried to install a few different versions of the firmware but with no success. I see how this thread is quite old so I wonder if anyone found it to be correctable through firmware?
Dragon

Post by Dragon »

Hi Calvin, I dont have the firmware at home, so please if you can send them, or send to me by a private message, they will apreciate ;)

Anycase, tomorrow will try from the company send it.

In other hand, please, dont try to install the firmware designed for the R3L + F16SGRH, if you dont have the F16SGRH, because, after intall it, if you donwgrade your R3L to a old firmware will have so many issues. Please if you dont have the F16SGRH dont use its firmware

Thank to all of you, and keep safe from the Corona
Dragon

Post by Dragon »

Good morning. for all others. if you have istall the MJW firmwre for the F16SGRH, and later you have downgrade to the old one, most probably you will have the same problem-

We have rewrite the MJF firmware to fix this bug, but one you fix it, but dont try the other firmwares, BMS, AER, etc, just as are not updated at this moment,

SO. if you have not the issue, perfect, not try to install the firmwares if you doint have the hardware, and if you have the issue, install the firmware I copy here,
MJF_FW_2_00_2.rar
have the same number version, but its different.

IN the next release, all the other firmwares, will be upgraded, and have the incremental release number.

Thanks and sorry for the inconvenience.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
ams999
S/N: 91

Post by ams999 »

Hello,

strangely, now (just started today) my R3 (no lighting) shows this behaviour (pitch axis) with the firmware MJF_FW_F16_SG_1_00_1.FSSB_R3. Until yesterday, everything was fine.
When I then flash the firmware MJF_FW_1_06_2.FSSB_R3, the pitch axis works fine again (so it's not the sensor as I first thought) and the joystick is usable again but unfortunately, I lose the additional buttons of my SGRH with that firmware. When I reflash MJF_FW_F16_SG_1_00_1.FSSB_R3, the wonky pitch axis is back again.
Is there a chance of an updated firmware for the R3 with SGRH? The MJF_FW_F16-18_4_01_3.FSSB_R3 doesn't work for me as it's for the R3L, not the R3.
Thanks!
ams999
S/N: 91

Post by ams999 »

I still have the same problem - any chance for an updated firmware for the R3 with SGRH? That beeping is rather annoying, not being able to use the stick with the SGRH even more so.