R3 Completely Dead

fuzzysham
Product: R3
S/N: 12

R3 Completely Dead

Post by fuzzysham »

Greetings,

I have had the original FSSB R3 since whenever it was first released. My serial is 0012 with a manufacture date of December 2012. It has definitely seen some miles.

The other day I went to fly in DCS and noticed my aircraft immediately pitched back 100%. I exited DCS and went to Windows game controller info and it showed the + symbol as 100% deflected to the rear and wouldn't move when I moved the stick. I then unplugged the FSSB R3 and the Warthog cables (I do the FSSB and Warthog chip setup) and rebooted my system. Upon reboot I plugged in both cables and noticed two things. First, that there was no plugin beep from the FSSB and that Windows no longer detected the FSSB. It detected the Warthog but not the FSSB itself. When I open up the Warthog controller settings it registers zero movement. This tells me that the Warthog chip is still good but something went very wrong with the FSSB.

Is the only solution sending it in for repair? If so, what is the expected cost?

Before the questions are asked:

- The firmware was up to date.
- The FSSB has never been subjected to any damage.
- I do have the angle adapter.
- There were no anomalies with my system or anything else prior to failure.

I luckily had a spare Warthog stick base that I am using now but it sucks compared to the accuracy of force sensing. I've had to re-learn how to fly. That said, I've already ordered the R3 lightning and it'll be here Monday; I was in full panic mode. I don't want to just throw away a $600 item so if I can get my original repaired or go through some troubleshooting, I would very much like to. At least then I'd have a spare.
Shark
Product: ---
S/N: 0

Re: R3 Completely Dead

Post by Shark »

Dear fuzzysham,

If as you say, the computer does not dectect the FSSB-R3, the problem looks like an electronics problem, so please, send us the R3 damaged to our facilities to test and repair it.

Best regards,

Shark