DCS World and Modifiers

slopeh
Product: R3L
S/N: 98

DCS World and Modifiers

Post by slopeh »

Greetings!
Just got my FSSB in the mail today, and fired DCS World up to test it out.
What I immediately noticed how ever, was I cant seem to be allowed to use any of the buttons on the stick while holding a modifier (shift-) button (also on the stick) down.
Tried using the paddle as a modifier first, but noticed it already has a modifier function for internal FSSB R3 settings.
Then tried assigning the pinky button as a modifier, but it doesnt register any other inputs while the modifier button is pressed.
Anyone been dealing with this before, and got some tips how to work around or fix this? :)
Much appreciated.
William_Ray
Product: R3L
S/N: 184

Re: DCS World and Modifiers

Post by William_Ray »

I think I have the same problem, I use the paddle switch as the uncage press and hold for the F-5 and then weapons release to fire, and I doesn't work with the warthog on the FSSB R3 base
Dragon
Product: ---
S/N: 0

Re: DCS World and Modifiers

Post by Dragon »

Dear
The R3L can use several firmwares.
and every one of then have several features. If you like have only one DX button set, and use it, in the most similar to a original TM cougar or warthog unit, plesae install the BMS firmware.
If you want have additional (modifier) dx buttons, use the MJF.

Anycase, the best, its take a look to the DOC, and open the FSSB_R3 pdf file, and go direct to page 36 (of course, read all the doc its a good idea) there you will see how use the different firmwares.

When in the future, you use the R3L with a F16SGRH or F18CGRH, you will have only one firmware, with additional features.

Once you will read and choose the best configuration for you. install the firmware, and configure your preferd forces, etc.
Any help. please ask us, and we will be gald to provide you with our best help.