Having to constantly recalibrate

ROBERTO_SAMPER
Product: R3
S/N: 110

Having to constantly recalibrate

Post by ROBERTO_SAMPER »

When doing flight sims, anytime I pull back on the stick in a flight sim the fssb3 stay deflecting in y (pitch) nose up (back stick) a certain percentage until recalibrate. When I check on the RealSimulator HID Device Tool V1.08, performing the same action causes a 5-8% deflection back to remain when the stick is released. What's also interesting is sometime full stick forward after the aft will center the stick. So what's is gong on with my setup, can someone have a fix for this as it can be annoying trying to keep a target lined up and having to recalibrate (using paddle switch with pinky followed by trigger). Any help would be appreciated, also any warranty on this if it needs to be returned?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
ANDERS_PORSMOSE
Product: R3
S/N: 27

Re: Having to constantly recalibrate

Post by ANDERS_PORSMOSE »

I have just recieved my FSSB R3 Lightning 2 days ago and I been struggling with exact same problem. It is constantly jumping between 336xx to 337xx pitch value and staying at 3% pitch.

I don't know how to calibrate the unit. I have tried to use "Game controllers" menu but without any luck. Can someone point me in the right direction?
Shark
Product: ---
S/N: 0

Re: Having to constantly recalibrate

Post by Shark »

Dear Anders,

I'm sorry if you are having problems with your FSBB-R3, I hope to help you with my suggestions. Also, I would like to inform you that every part before shipping is tested, so it is difficult (not impossible) your FSSB-R3 is damaged. I think the problem is how you calibrate the FSSB.

If the FSSB is not damaged when you calibrate the FSSB-R3 with the Special Modes Menu it goes to the center. Additionally you can use the BFA Roll/pitch level to adjust the central deadzones. It should be enough for a correct operation.

Steps for a correct calibration:

STEP 1: Neutral Position Adjustment (NPA).

NPA let you at any time, even in flight time, adjust or compensate any possible
physical distortion in the gravity vector over you FSSB R3.
How it works:
Press SMM launcher whatever it be (CMS center or Paddle + Pinky)
Press Trigger1, left the stick alone and wait until the sounds finish.

STEP 2: BFA Roll and Pitch level

The Break Force Adjust (BFA) concept is to prevent small forces applied to the stick in its neutral position, have a real manifestation in the axes measures and as result the pilot has changes in the flight path that hi will have to correct continuously.
With this feature the pilot can select the BFA level separately in Roll and Pitch in four steps from 0 to 10% of full scale and identified as: Off – Min - Med - High - Full.

Finally, I suggest you don't use the windows Game Controllers to calibrate the FSSB-R3, Please look at the User Guide to see the different options availables for you firmware installed. If you don't know where it is, you can find the user guide in: Start > All programs > Realsimulator > Documentation

Best regards,

Shark