Aer_FW problems +

Mick
Product: R3
S/N: 157

Aer_FW problems +

Post by Mick »

Hi
since I have had the FSSB, nearly two years, I have always used the AER FW. In fact I had much contact with Manuel while it was developed.
It has always worked well.
Now I am using RS Tools V 10_01 and I am having problems with this Aer FW.

I am using DCC 1.05, and Aer_Fw 1_02 (my preferred FW) loads ok but has wrong actions when pressing DMS and TMS buttons.
Without pressing SMM button or paddle, pinky etc, DMS buttons alone are changing Roll Sensitivity, and TMS buttons alone are changing Pitch Sensitivity.....????
Furthermore the pressing of DMS or TMS no longer show as being pressed in the small stick graphic of the device tool.

I will add that I have two warthog sticks and both produce the same results when attached, also the same results happen on both my PCs, one has Win 7 and the other Win 10.

I would like to know if this a new bug in this firmware or if it my FSSB itself.. because I am also experiencing difficulty when plugging the cable into my FSSB, I have to move it around a bit before it comes alive.
It doesn't seem to connect very easily, and is no longer a good fit. Could this be part of the problem for incorrect operation of the buttons?

Should I return my FSSB for maintainance to correct this? Is my unit still under warranty? I purchased in Jan 2016.

I would appreciate your thoughts on this as soon as possible, because for the moment I will have to go back to using a warthog base.... :cry:

Many thanks

Mick
Dragon
Product: ---
S/N: 0

Re: Aer_FW problems +

Post by Dragon »

Hi Mick, nice to see you

Dont worry about the DCS and TMS, if you read this link viewtopic.php?f=12&t=97 this was a modification, done long time a go, in order to make the Aer adjust as quick as possible.

I suposse, you was working with the first AER firmware, and now you have upgrade to the last one, and you have take notice, about the mods now.

About your connections problems, look like a bug in the USB connector, you are in the two years warranty, not worry, send it to the factory, and we will fix it ;-)

Cheers and merry Xmas
Mick
Product: R3
S/N: 157

Re: Aer_FW problems +

Post by Mick »

Hi Dragon thanks for the reply.

Yeah old Aer FW worked great for me for a long time. I had PC problems and was forced to complete reinstall and could only have updated FSSB tools.

Now it seems for me the Aer FW is not so good after this new mod, now the TMS and DMS buttons can not be used in my sim, 8 button commands lost!

Of course I have the CMS buttons and with the instant loading of memory slots for me this was perfect for changing to new sensitivities.

Using HID Device Tool 1.8 it seems I can't use the original 'pre mod' version that you and I worked on (unrecognised in 1.8), big shame for me now.
Is there no way I can continue with old mod?

Regards

Mick

(also maybe you can advise on how to do return to factory for repair)

Merry Christmas