Latest DCC and HID device tools

MrAndersson
Product: R3
S/N: 67

Latest DCC and HID device tools

Post by MrAndersson »

Hi there
I have a Warthog FSSB r3 and I love it
Lately I got a PC with windows 10, and I would love to use the stick on my new machine
The programs that I backed up from my old windows 7 PC was DCC 1.04, I think and HID device tool 1.05 and the firmware on the stick was BMS.

I plugged the stick in to my new PC and I downloaded the latest HID device tool 1.08 from your downloads page, but when I launch it, it says that the firmware is unknown , and I can’t save anything in the empty slots

What do I have to do to make it work again on my new PC and if I have to update the firmware again how do I do it? I would very much like to continue with the BMS firmware if it still exists.
Best regards Mats
Shark
Product: ---
S/N: 0

Re: Latest DCC and HID device tools

Post by Shark »

Hi MrAndersson,

I think the vesion installed in your R3 is old and you need upgrade the R3 firmware with the latest one available.

Best regards,

Shark
MrAndersson

Post by MrAndersson »

Shark wrote:Hi MrAndersson,

I think the vesion installed in your R3 is old and you need upgrade the R3 firmware with the latest one available.

Best regards,

Shark
Thank you Shark, I found a newer BMS firmware so I installed it and I think it’s working fine again. Is it possible to use the new warning sound in my FSSB R3 or does one have to have the lightning model to use it.
Shark

Post by Shark »

Hi MrAndersson,

The warning sound is functional in both models (warthog and lighting), you only need to enable the sound in the R3. To enable/disable the sound you need to do it whit the RS_HID_DEV_TOOL.

Best regards,

Shark
MrAndersson

Post by MrAndersson »

Shark wrote:Hi MrAndersson,

The warning sound is functional in both models (warthog and lighting), you only need to enable the sound in the R3. To enable/disable the sound you need to do it whit the RS_HID_DEV_TOOL.

Best regards,

Shark
Thank you for the reply shark.
One more thing on my mind here.
I have now installed the latest BMS firmware in my stick and i run the HID device tool 1.05
Do i need to run the metadata file that i got from you back in 2014 or is that not needed?
Best regards Mats
Shark

Post by Shark »

Hi MrAndersson,

Metadata files contain the information of icon you see in the Devices and Printers window when the device is pluged. If you have downloaded and installed the last RS_TOOL, you have installed the HID device Tool, the DCC, last firmwares and metadatas files, so it is not necessary any more. To check it, open the devices and printers window and look at the R3 icon, if it is the default windows icon, you have not installed the RS_TOOL and must to install it.

Best regards,

Shark