Tips for fixing bluetooth device removal failure

Supmua
Product: R3L
S/N: 55

Tips for fixing bluetooth device removal failure

Post by Supmua »

I recently tried to update the F16SGRH firmware and Windows 10 won't allow me to remove RS-F16-SGR HOME from the bluetooth window, thus I was unable to update the firmware. I understand this may be a bug in Windows 10 itself. It's funny because I used to have pairing problem, but now it pairs and doesn't want to let go.

What to do:
Go to device manager, expand bluetooth thread and on the menu bar click View/Show hidden devices. Now you can click on it and manually remove everything from there (I had 2 of these flagged as hidden devices).

I still think that the firmware update process could be a little more streamline. Currently you have to remove HOME device then pair BOOTLOADER. Once you update the firmware you will also need to reverse the process. May be Realsim can make this process a little easier to do in the future update.
Shark
Product: ---
S/N: 0

Re: Tips for fixing bluetooth device removal failure

Post by Shark »

Hi Supmua,

The remove procedure is done intentionally and the program informs about the steps to do. We consider that is better remove the device before updating than after because if you forget to erase it you will have more problems. Each time you update the F16SGRH you need remove the old icon, because it is no longer valid for windows, it needs a new pairing and create a new icon.

On the other hand, I find very interesting your comment about the hidden devices, sure it will solve problems to other users.

Regards,