Questions about the GRIPS

Dragon
Product: ---
S/N: 0

Questions about the GRIPS

Post by Dragon »

Harf4ng ask.
I have doubts about the use of the sticks outside the base. Can't imagine playing a flight sim or space sim like dcs or star citizen with the stick detached, doubt it is precise enough.
when you use the grips alone you will get the same precision that you expect from a movement grip. but with the advantage, that you can connect to anything, for example to a hely flight stick, a centre column like in the F18, or a movement centre flight control station like the Typhoon, you only need fix it, and give power to the RS F16SG
Harf4ng ask.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but when attached to the base we have only two axis right?
If your base can move in three axles you will have three axles, if your base have two axles, like the TM or R1-r2-r3 you will have two axles. In our opinion for precision flight in a plane the best its two axles base, and for spaceship the best is a free movement system in others words no base attached. but this is like colours ;-) every one have its own opinion.

Thanks a lot.
Dragon
Piola
Product: R3L
S/N: 108

Re: Questions about the GRIPS

Post by Piola »

After reading this thread I am even more confused, I have not understood how the detached stick works and above all, the third axis.
I have a newly purchased FSSB R3L base, I play space sims and I am very happy with it, but I saw the new stick and you talk about the third axis, I started dreaming ...

Can you be more explicit about how this Z axis works and how the "detatched" stick works?
Can I continue to use my FSSB and also have the Z-axis with the new Grip?
Last edited by Piola on Mon May 27, 2019 7:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dragon

Post by Dragon »

Sure.
When you will connect the new grip in your R3 lighting, you will have
a) The whole button set available that is about 64 DX with direct control.
b) will have 8 memory slots selected by a rotary control in your trim control
c) about 64 keystrokes in every slot.

And you will have also 3 axles integrated in your grip, this axles are movement/position sensor axles, so the sensibility and precision are like in a movement joystick system

So, while you will have atached the grip in the R3 you will use the R3 force system axles, and in general, for precision flight, etc are prefered. But if you get out the F16SGRH grip from the R3, and connect the F16SGRH to a any USB socket or a powerbank (to power up the grip) you will have this movement axles working.

So you can get the F16SGRH goes to your prefer chair and use the grip with movements in the air to control your game.

This week, we must do some videos to show you can to configure and how to use it.

Thanks
Piola
S/N: 108

Post by Piola »

Ah thanks for the prompt reply!
So, from what I understand I can't have the the Z-Axis of the F16SGRH while the Grip is attached at my FSSB R3L, would have been too nice :)
In any case, it seems to be a great Grip, I'm looking forward to seeing the demonstration videos.
Thank you very much!
Dragon

Post by Dragon »

More questions ;-)
"P.F.T" ask:
Q. Would like to double check that it (home version) is made of raisin, not metal?
R. Is a mix of Resin and Metal, Metal where it necesary for security and rigid and Resin where its better for weight
Q.It can be used with R1/R2/R3?
R. Yes of course
Q.Is it also 13 degree leaning forward? Or it still needs angle adaptor
R. Dont need the angle adaptor, just as have the correct and exact original angle just like in real life

"T.B.S." ask:
Q.Quick question out of curiosity, do I understand it right that the grip also has gyroscopic axes that provides data even if the grip isn't connected to a base? Because that's so cool! Even though I'll probably pair it with my FSSB R3 most of the time, that opens up so many possibilities.
R. Yes the F16SGRH has its own atitude and movement sensors, so dont need any additional hardware, anycase, for high precision attach to a R3 is the best solution.

"J. K." ask:
Q: Due to the fact i am rebuilding my pit i have a question i would very much appreciate an answer to even if i cant order a grip just yet.. If i understand correctly the grip itself has analog axes correspondig to what is in an FSSB R3 base hence it is not necessary to install the grip on a base with analog axes? If so what is the advantage of doing so anyway i.e. pairing it with an R2 or R3? I already have an FSSB R2 with Cougar handle and was thinking about buying a new FSSB R3 to run with my Warthog handle until your F16SGRH was released but now i am unsure if that is reasonable to do so.. If the F16SGRH doesn´t need a base with analog axes and also it might be ok to mount it on my FSSB R2?

I would so very much appreciate a short info if a base with analog axes is necessary, if not is there still any advantage mounting the grip on a R2 / R3 and will you suppla a non axis base to mount it on?

R. In fact, the best solution depend of your cockpit, if you try to simulate a F16 or similar, the best is use a R3 with a F16SGRH grip attached. If you try to replycate a F18 style cockpit, then the best is use a two axles freedom fixation system, attachd to this install a rod and atached to the rod install the F16SGRH and use the internal Axles. If you try to replicate a Hely cockpit, would be simitar to F18 style, If you try to use in a Spaceship cokcpit, the best its use direct in your handm attached to anything and use the 3 degrees of freedom

"J.J." ask:
Q:Hi, are you still planning to release F-18 Grip? or did you cancel it? Thanks
If you are still going to release F-18 can you tell me approximately when/?
R: FIrst the F16SGRH, next the F16SGLH and next the F18 left and Right and next....

Thanks and we continue with the software develop
Supmua
S/N: 55

Post by Supmua »

I do not understand how you can get up to 64 DX buttons (I only count 36 buttons for the new grip), is that achieved through combination of button presses or multiple devices?
Dragon

Post by Dragon »

As we are finishing some upgrades to the software, we have not be able to prepare a few videos last week for you.

If everything goes OK, in the next week, we can publish the videos, and you will can see how it works. and how the buttons and the DX are linked.

Thanks
Dragon

Post by Dragon »

Hi
In the PDFs in the F16SGRH page you can see every DX button and how its activated.

As you can see in the PDFs there are a 8x63 keystrokes availables that is 504 commands in the whole 8 layers, really there are simulator programs with less options ;-)

Thanks
DragonFireSG
Product: R3
S/N: 43

Post by DragonFireSG »

Hmm. I'm not sure how I feel about giving up the sensitivity of a force sensing system like the FSSB R3 in exchange for a Z axis.
I'll get a unit anyway once ordering is open. Sometimes you just gotta get the thing in hand to accurately judge it.

Perhaps you could develop an extension for the FSSB R3 to add a self centering rotation axis.

It shouldn't be very much more complicated that using a center tube for X-Y stiffness, and a pair of appropriately weighted torsion machine springs attached to top and bottom caps to provide Z centering. The springs would go inside the center tube so that they work only in one direction. Using different springs, the twist force could be tweaked to be asymmetric.

Of course, one can dream about a proper force sensing rotation add-on for the FSSB. Perhaps a module that goes between the FSSB and the mounting base.
Shark

Post by Shark »

Hi everyone,

Here you have two links to videos to show how to do the F16SGRH installation and pairing. Next days we will publish others.

Installation: https://youtu.be/ps8TSMBSddI
Pairing: https://youtu.be/4FAKydK4HYw
Calibration: https://youtu.be/6jskMK7bhRk
Upgrading: https://youtu.be/uSAOVmurfFE
Flight test: https://youtu.be/BLr3u4fjn98

Thaks and best regards