Questions about the GRIPS

DragonFireSG
Product: R3
S/N: 43

Re: Questions about the GRIPS

Post by DragonFireSG »

Gotcha :) Waited a better part of a year now. I can wait a little longer.
DragonFireSG

Post by DragonFireSG »

Here's a question about the Z axis sensing on the grip.

I plan on machining a Z rotation cuff that can be used with either the FSSB or the stock warthog base.

Will the new grip's Z axis sensor be accessible if I use the FSSB as the X and Y source?

i.e can I use FSSB and the grip simultaneously for XY force sensing and Z rotation?

The obvious extension to this would be to use a torque transducer and electronics for a dedicated force sensing Z axis. The rotation cuff has two grossly oversized ball bearings and will be very stiff in the X\Y axis. This means that only clean Z rotation forces will be passed to a torque sensor thus mounted. This extension however is rather expensive as the torque sensor costs a pretty penny. This as such is a project for another day...
Shark
Product: ---
S/N: 0

Post by Shark »

Hi DragonFireSG,

Of course you can use the Z axis of F16SGRH and the X and Y axes of FSSB-R3. The F16SGRH has its own sensors to measure the X (roll), Y (pitch) and Z (yaw) axes and these are fully independent of FSSB-R3 sensors.

You will have to assign the X and Y axes from the FSSB-R3 and the Z from the F16SGRH.

Best regards,

Shark
DragonFireSG

Post by DragonFireSG »

Cheers. Looking forward to user reports on how well they function.