New Thrustmaster Firmware WARNING!!

Scotty
Product: R3
S/N: 12

New Thrustmaster Firmware WARNING!!

Post by Scotty »

So further to the post on the F-18 grip I made, TM brought out new firmware to enable compatability with the F-18 Grip and the grip will not work well without it

The problem now is that it bricks the HID_Dev_Tool software and the button presses are all over the place. An upgrade to the HID_Dev_Tool software is required before it will all work together

The link to the latest firmware on the TM Site is here

https://support.thrustmaster.com/en/pro ... n-grip-en/

Depends on what you want to do, but as of now as far as I'm aware you can use the F-18 Stick or use the HID_Dev_Tool but not both

Personally I've rolled back my TM Firmware, so I can use the HID_Dev_Tool software as it's sooooo good and I use it a lot.

The F-18 Stick will remain an expensive ornament until this is all sorted

In case anybody was not as lucky as me and upgraded but did not keep the older firmware and is now regretting it, I've put it into DropBox to help anybody out a hole

https://www.dropbox.com/s/rrj6w9itb3r8r ... 1.zip?dl=0

Alternatively you can email Thrustmaster and ask them for an older version of the Firmware
Romulus Stahl
S/N: 144

Re: New Thrustmaster Firmware WARNING!!

Post by Romulus Stahl »

Thanks for the heads up.
Dragon
Product: ---
S/N: 0

Post by Dragon »

Thanks a lot

As all of you can understand, we could do our grips non compatible with Tm or any other brand, it’s absolutely easy
But we got the decision to make it compatible, in hardware and software

Of course, the other grip brands can do its products, non compatible, it’s his marketing decision , and you are free to buy his grips or not

We will continue our path, doing the best possible hardware at the present day
Scotty
S/N: 12

Post by Scotty »

Hi Dragon (I hope you know who I am)

I don't know what would be involved to update your code to produce either a separate version of the Dev_tool or just a new rev that is compatible with TM's new code, but I'm hoping you do.

I understand that you are under no obligation to do so and it will most likely be at the bottom of your "To Do" list but I for one would be very pleased if you did (even if I had to pay a litle for it).

John
Supmua
Product: R3L
S/N: 55

Post by Supmua »

Ok Dragon, now we need you to release the F-18 grip so we don’t have to deal with TM issues :)