FSSB R3L stopped working during the flight

GK61
Product: F16SGRH
S/N: 30

Re: FSSB R3L stopped working during the flight

Post by GK61 »

Krzysztof_Jankowski wrote: Fri Jul 10, 2020 5:35 pm I used a bent USB cable to minimize the risk of damage to the USB socket:

a bit of a better solution but it can still get bumped.
Tom_Mihelich
Product: R3L
S/N: 281

Post by Tom_Mihelich »

I am having this same issue with my R3 Warthog Lightning with it all of a sudden freezing in a bank turn while flying in DCS Multiplayer.
I fly in a formation team so when this happens it is quite hazardous for the team members.
I have reflashed the stick with the latest firmware but it does not solve the random issue.
Unplugging and plugging back in the USB on the stick does not reset it in flight.
However, if I do a quick CTRL ALT DEL and then hit ESC to come back into DCS the stick is working fine again and I can continue on.
I also have written Realsimulator regarding this issue and am waiting for a response.
My stick is only about 1 month old.

-Racer
Krzysztof_Jankowski
S/N: 139

Post by Krzysztof_Jankowski »

It looks more like a driver problem, I think. I tried everything in my FSSB and unfortunately I have a hardware failure in my case: / Nothing helped. It was sent under warranty to the company's headquarters in Madrid.
Shark
Product: ---
S/N: 0

Post by Shark »

Hi Tom,

For your explanation, I think you have a problem with the USB wire and because of that the FSSB-R3 lose the USB connection.

I suggest you open the Devices and printers window and repeat the movements you do when fly and check if the FSSB-R3 icon disappear from the window for a moment.

If the icon disappear, then the issue is for the FSSB-R3 or for the USB wire. In this case, change the cable and repeat. If it continues then your R3 has a bad contact and it is necessary found it and repair it.

If the icon doesn't disappear, then the problem is not in the FSSB-R3 and I can't help you.
Franco_Dallera
S/N: 433

Post by Franco_Dallera »

GK61 wrote: Fri Jul 10, 2020 6:06 pm
Krzysztof_Jankowski wrote: Fri Jul 10, 2020 5:35 pm I used a bent USB cable to minimize the risk of damage to the USB socket:

a bit of a better solution but it can still get bumped.
Great solution ...