FSSB R3L stopped working during the flight

Krzysztof_Jankowski
Product: R3L
S/N: 139

FSSB R3L stopped working during the flight

Post by Krzysztof_Jankowski »

For 11 months FSSB R3L operated without any problem until today. During the F-16 flight in DCS, the pitch axis stopped working. I tried to disconnect and connect FSSB from USB. Restart the computer. I did the NPA calibration. I downloaded the latest Device Tool V1.13. I have updated the FSSB R3L software for the latest MJF_FW_F16-18_4_00_1. Unfortunately, nothing helped: / After disconnecting and connecting to the USB red light flashes all the time.

My S/N 139

Krzysztof_Jankowski

Re: FSSB R3L stopped working during the flight

I have sent an email to technic@realsimulator.com to report a failure. I saw on the forum that such damage is no exception. I'm a bit worried about the durability of the sensors, or maybe just some faulty batch of parts?
GK61
Product: F16SGRH
S/N: 30

Post by GK61 »

Krzysztof_Jankowski wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 3:07 pm I have sent an email to technic@realsimulator.com to report a failure. I saw on the forum that such damage is no exception. I'm a bit worried about the durability of the sensors, or maybe just some faulty batch of parts?
I'm in agreement with your durability assessment, yes I can't tell if much of these issues that have appeared in this forum are due to shipping damage or poor QC, I tend to believe more of the latter but likely both. It's bad enough that we have to deal with issues with our hardware which judging by the posts recently in this and other sections are on the uptick but and even more so the software is getting more bug ridden, simply unacceptable.
Shark
Product: ---
S/N: 0

Post by Shark »

Dear Mr. Jankowski,

For your email and the test your have done, it looks like the Y sensors or its electronic are damaged. In any case your R3L is under warranty, so if it is damaged we will repair it free of charge, you must only send it to our facilities. Here we will check the device and repair it.

I would like you do one last test, changing the selector under the Roll/Pitch graph from DX measures to Raw measures and check if the Y axis is still wrong.

Wait your news. Regards,

Shark
Krzysztof_Jankowski

I'll check in the evening and let You know. Thank You for Your answer.
Krzysztof_Jankowski

Unfortunately, switching to RAW measures does not change anything.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hP7LXcf-BwQ
Shark
Product: ---
S/N: 0

Post by Shark »

Looks like it is damaged, so will need to ship us.

We will send it to the metalurgy laboratory to check if the sensors steel is damaged for overforces or normal use. Or you can tell me if you use it as normal (desktop usage), cockpit or with extension. This help us to understand how to resolve the issue. Any case it is on warranty so dont worry about.

I will send you an email with instructions.

REgards.
Krzysztof_Jankowski

I used FSSB in a mini cockpit built for VR flying, without extensions. Wanting to be as close to realism as possible, I used the maximum 13lb position in the Y axis, 8.13 in the X axis (this is the closest ratio of forces with a real Viper - just like on the screen in the first post). At the beginning I flew with the sound on so as not to exceed 13lb for fear of damage. Then I turned on axis preview in DCS. I was very careful during use that nothing would happen. I think that my device will be a good research material that should help in finding a problem.

I even printed the end cap on the 3D printer to cover the unused space for the Warthog electronics cable so that it doesn't get dusty inside - I cared so much about my favorite toy ;)

GK61
Product: F16SGRH
S/N: 30

Post by GK61 »

For anyone such as us, those who have chair mounted R3Ls, I would highly recommend dismounting the internals and have the USB plug face the rear rather than the front as one can easily bump and do damage to the plug or socket.

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/ ... ocedure.7z
Krzysztof_Jankowski

I used a bent USB cable to minimize the risk of damage to the USB socket: