Calibration Issue FSSB R3 RH

casacki
Product: R3L
S/N: 363

Calibration Issue FSSB R3 RH

Post by casacki »

I'm running the FSSB R3L with F16SRGH. Firmware is the recommended MJF_FW_F16-18_4_00_1

I got this offset while the stick is in neutral positon. I wonder how to reset / calibrate it to 0. User guide v2.03 says "the FSSB R3 is calibrated and adjusted, but has also included an electronic calibration that allows the user to perform this operation as many times as necessary." (page 6). But somehow I don't see any further description how to go about it. Any hint would be welcome.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
casacki
Product: R3L
S/N: 363

Re: Calibration Issue FSSB R3 RH

Post by casacki »

Maybe it is this issue from another topic. As I am using 2,24 for roll and 1,75 for pitch it might be same issue? Or is it just a side effect of lowering the sensibility for pitch and roll that much?
birdaffirm wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 12:30 pm Also, its worth mentioning that after calibration, Roll Sensitivity and Pitch Sensitivity gets reset to default.
So, putting back the numbers to previous lower pressure, Center goes off center.(1-2% error on both X and Y)
Shark
Product: ---
S/N: 0

Re: Calibration Issue FSSB R3 RH

Post by Shark »

Hi Casacki,

As your screenshot is parcial, I am not sure how you have other settings. In any case I think you know the FSSB-R3 has an adjust named NPA (Neutral Position Adjust) and you have already done it, and you post is in relation with the not cero measure after using this setting. As you can read in other posts the result of this setting is not a precission null measure in pitch and roll, it is an internal electronic compensation to center the measure around the cero force, if you want to exactly center the measures in cero, use the BFA settings or the center adjust of your simulation game.

As you say, you are using a very high sensibility that I don't recommend to fly because when you hold the grip with your hand you will introduce a imbalance major than the commented. So that you are aware of the offset you have now, this is of 3% over 1,75 lb. i.e. 0,0525 lb (24 gr aprox.)

Regards,