HID Dev Tool V1.13 UI broken

Arkku
Product: R3
S/N: 19

HID Dev Tool V1.13 UI broken

Post by Arkku »

Hello,

I've been using HID Dev Tool V1.12 until now with my FSSB R3L, but I decided to give the V1.13 a try now. However, on my Windows 10 system the UI of this new version is broken: the image of the stick overlaps some of the controls, and the slot configurations are not available. It is as if the window is too small to contain its contents, but the window cannot be resized.

The V1.12 version of the tool still works just fine, so it is not an immediate problem, but also means I cannot upgrade to the latest firmware.

Screenshot of the broken V1.13 attached.
HIDDevToolV13.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Shark
Product: ---
S/N: 0

Re: HID Dev Tool V1.13 UI broken

Post by Shark »

Hi Arkku,
Update the R3L firmware with the "MJF_FW_F16-18_4_00_1", this firmware works fine with the last RS_HID_DEV_TOOL V1.13.
The version you have installed in the R3L is for the previous version, the V1.12
Best regards,

Shark
Arkku
Product: R3
S/N: 19

Re: HID Dev Tool V1.13 UI broken

Post by Arkku »

Shark wrote: Sun Jan 17, 2021 9:53 am Update the R3L firmware with the "MJF_FW_F16-18_4_00_1", this firmware works fine with the last RS_HID_DEV_TOOL V1.13.
The version you have installed in the R3L is for the previous version, the V1.12
Ah, thank you, it does indeed work with the newer firmware. Ironically I was hesitant to upgrade the firmware because I first tried the new tool and it looked like it was broken so I thought I can't configure the firmware… Maybe an error message in the next version? =)

(Anyway, I actually went back to the old firmware and V1.12 because the new one messes up my bindings in Elite: Dangerous due to extra DX device that isn't needed with the Thrustmaster grip.)