Disable 2nd FSSB-R3 Virtual Joystic FSSB R3L MJF SGRH

Franco_Dallera
Product: R3L
S/N: 433

Disable 2nd FSSB-R3 Virtual Joystic FSSB R3L MJF SGRH

Post by Franco_Dallera »

I just bougth an FSSB-R3 and after that i connect it i get 2 joystick ... i read all the manual and search in the forum about how to delete the second joystick on manual is wrote tha can be deleted (or this is what i understand but i don't find how to do it)

in my simulators (DCS / BMS) i just use the S3 (dx button 2) button as a shift key i don't need S4 (DX button 3) that enable 32 buttons on the second FSSB joystick.
In this way i have to reprogramming all the function on the first joystick on the second one because if i press S4 (that in the VIPER is the autopilot override ) to climb to differente fl without to disengage autopilot any other buttons is not recognized, this is way i have to mirror 1st FSSB joy config on 2nd FSSB joy config ... i would like to disable this behaviour.
Than if i select "DX Button" to OFF only S3 and S4 buttons and the HAT is recognized on first joy and nothing on the second one, is this a right behaviour?? way?
Your workaround for windows 32 buoons limit is intersting but, with recent simulator like DCS, is not needed because it bypass windows and it recognized up to 128 buttons on a single joystick ...
Shark
Product: ---
S/N: 0

Re: Disable 2nd FSSB-R3 Virtual Joystic FSSB R3L MJF SGRH

Post by Shark »

Hi Franco,

I suppose your R3L has installed the default firmware installed in factory, the MJF_FW_4_00_1 and how you say this firmware has two hids devices. The actual version of this firmware doesn't allow to remove the second hid, if this second hid is a problem for you, you can install another firmwares with the DCC program that allow remove the second hid (MJF_FW_2_00_2) or with only one hid device (BMS_FW_2_00_2).

In the User Guide you will find the features of each one. Don't forget use the RS_HID_DEV_TOOL v12 to configure these firmwares.

I hope this help you and solve your problem.

Regars,

Shark
Franco_Dallera

Post by Franco_Dallera »

Shark wrote: Sat Feb 13, 2021 9:56 am Hi Franco,

I suppose your R3L has installed the default firmware installed in factory, the MJF_FW_4_00_1 and how you say this firmware has two hids devices. The actual version of this firmware doesn't allow to remove the second hid, if this second hid is a problem for you, you can install another firmwares with the DCC program that allow remove the second hid (MJF_FW_2_00_2) or with only one hid device (BMS_FW_2_00_2).

In the User Guide you will find the features of each one. Don't forget use the RS_HID_DEV_TOOL v12 to configure these firmware.

I hope this help you and solve your problem.

Regars,

Shark
i already downgrade to that firmware and it works fin i'm a little bit disappointed for the downgrade because you lose some interesting feature
Franco_Dallera

Post by Franco_Dallera »

now with the 1.12 i'm not able to save pitch sensibility value to the slot, i mean:

I change my setup for pitch sensibility from the default 8.50lb to (e.g.) 3.10lb,
I save it in the right slot 1 the FSSB blink green a beep and it is working fine, i create a new setting for Slot 2 and then i save it to SLOT 2 and the fill of the FSSB it change according to the new setting but if i reload SLOT 1 from Device tool or also with FSSB using SMM CMS UP the right setup it is loaded except for the pitch sensibility that it is reset to the default value 8.50lb this it happen also for the second slot saved all setup is loaded except the pitch.
Shark
Product: ---
S/N: 0

Post by Shark »

Hi everybody,

First all, I want to apologize on behalf of the Realsimulator team for not to be 100% attending your inquiris in the forums. As you know we are preparing new products and we hope that they will be available for test and sale very soon. Once we finish them, we will study and implement all suggestions that you are sending us.

However, given the acceptance that the MJF_FW_4 firmware has had (which groups the functionalities of several firmwares) and that many users have requested us to disable the second joystick that is composed of buttons, to avoid problems in the configuration of some simulation programs, we have decided go forward this suggestion.

After being tested and validated by some of you, we have included it in the RS_TOOLS v1.03 installer that can be downloaded from the Download page of our site.

About the problem exposed in this last post of Franco Dallera, I want to clarify that the firmware MJF_FW_2_00_2 supports minimum pitch values of 4 lb. as you can see in the User Guide. For this reason, when values lower than 4 lb are sent from RS_HID_DEV_TOOL to the FSSB-R3L, the firmware detects that they are invalid values and uses the default value of 8.5 lb.

Best regards,

Shark