Damaged Torx Screw

Stephen_Locke
Product: R3L
S/N: 496

Damaged Torx Screw

Post by Stephen_Locke »

Does anyone know what size torx screws are used to hold the angled adapter to the R3?

I've replaced the default adapter with the angled one and while tightening one of the screws the screw head broke off leaving the thread stuck in the R3!

I'm now wondering what the best solution is for removing the stuck thread and replacing the screw!
Dragon
Product: ---
S/N: 0

Re: Damaged Torx Screw

Post by Dragon »

Stephen, these screws are M4, but are manufactured with a very hard steel, really dificult to drill etc.

To install the new angled adapted use any other M4 screw, and about your actual adapted with the screw inside, if you send us, we will remove the screw.

Thanks and wait your adapter.
BR
Stephen_Locke
Product: R3L
S/N: 496

Post by Stephen_Locke »

Do you know what the customs requirements are for this to go from UK to EU and back?

I'm in a weird position where shipping it back to you will almost cost the same as buying the part again!
Shark
Product: ---
S/N: 0

Post by Shark »

Hi Stephen,

You are right, although you declare the item for 1,00 EUR, if the shipment pass by customs and they get the shipment sure the taxes will be around 20-25 EUR.

Try to use it with only three screws, if you don't apply the high forces you won't have problems.

Best regards,