LED Indications (Grip Not Working)

heloguy
Product: R3
S/N: 172

LED Indications (Grip Not Working)

Post by heloguy »

Hi,

I am trying to mount the grip onto a Brunner CLS-E joystick base. It takes a standard TM Warthog connection, and I've had it working with my Warthog Grip, as well as a Cougar Grip. When I plug in the RS F16GRH, the left LED is comes on steady, and the middle, and right LEDs blink continuously. The grip does not register any buttons, and never connects to Bluetooth.

I also have an FSSB Warthog that the grip works just fine with.

I'd really like to be able to use the grip with the Brunner base. Could someone tell me what the LED indication means? I assume it's trying to let me know there's an issue.
Dragon
Product: ---
S/N: 0

Re: LED Indications (Grip Not Working)

Post by Dragon »

Dear Heloguy

Look like your system dnt give enought energy to the BLE system, and its reseting every time. for this reason the BLE dont turn on and establish the comms.

It you really like use our F16SGRH with this Base, I suggest you send us the whole system, and we will try to improve the power supply for the grip. I dont know about how much will be, but you can also as to the base manufacturer if he can increase the power to the grip.

This its my opinion at first try, just as I suposse they send all other signals like our R3L or TM base
Thanks
heloguy
Product: R3
S/N: 172

Re: LED Indications (Grip Not Working)

Post by heloguy »

Thanks Dragorn, I had a feeling it was something like that. The base is a FFB base that's relatively complex. I'm sure you guys could fix the problem, but I don't want to void the warranty. Apparently, there are some newer grips, such as the Virpil grips, that require a small solder to be done on the inside of the stick base to get them to work. Brunner does the modification for free, because since June 2019, they sell the base that way. I opened a trouble ticket to send mine back to them and get the modification done. Hopefully that's all I need to get both of these pieces of equipment working together.