Something doesn't work. Stick Buttons

Windblow
Product: R3
S/N: 28

Something doesn't work. Stick Buttons

Post by Windblow »

Hi,
I just received my FSSB R3 mod and installed it as an upgrade for my Warthog HOTAS.
I updated the firmwware from 1.01.0 to 1.02.0 with the update tool.
When finished, I checked if everything is correct with the game controllers panel, and ....
found 3 FSSB R3 Warthog as shown in the capture screen.
capture_10172013_134245.jpg
With the first one, I can see the stick mooving, but with the two others, just DX buttons appear.

I can use the inside program setup but, when I wanted to try my stick with BMS, in combined configuration, all my setup have changed, the stick buttons indicated in the setup configuration pannel indicated some curious numbers as 81 and more DX buttons instead of basic configuration ..

Some help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks

EDIT : MAYBE the new feature "DX aux buttons" is the reason of this, as mentioned in the list in the MJF.FW.1.02.0 release post. I have to try to set it OFF tonight.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Windblow on Sat Oct 19, 2013 4:46 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Windblow
Product: R3
S/N: 28

Re: Troubleshooting with BMS Setup ?

Post by Windblow »

ok here are some news.

I thought I had a conflict with my personal BMS key config and redone one from the stock BMS warthog.key.
But after a total reconfig (with the FSSB plugs) every thing seem to work fine, even the hat config that I change in trim config with SMM.

I closed BMS, and it appears now that every time I launch BMS with both Warthog with target and FSSB, I must redo the hotas advanced configuration, and and buttons on stick are over 60 numbers ... even with DX2/3 disabled.
but if I first lauch BMS with only Target, and once in game, plug in the FSSB, no change and everything works fine !

Any suggestions ?
Dragon
Product: ---
S/N: 0

Re: Something doesn't work. Stick Buttons

Post by Dragon »

Good morning, Windblow

As you have do, is mandatory, write a new .key file for every hardware configuration in your computer, so I will try to help you, but look like you have answer the question your self.

Normally, before your FSSB R3 installation, you must have your personal BMS key configuration, that is associated with a .key file. these files (.key) are located in your BMS folder\User\Config in my case the file is called Realsimulator.key and in order to use other additional hardware, for example the new R3, you copy this file, and rename it with something like Realsimulator_R3.key and in this new file you must configure your news DX buttons and axles. A very good example in how you must modifuy this file, was written by Dunc few years ago and is located in your BMS Folder installation\User\Joystick\Cougar\Dunc_Dx\Dunc_DX.key

Additionally to this .key file every time you add new hardware, is mandatory also configure the setup/controllers/advanced window in BMS

Any case if you need additional help, do not hesitate ask me.

Cheers.
Dragon