Thanks! Plus suggestion for F-35 throttle grips and z-axis

chrisp123
Product: R3
S/N: 115

Thanks! Plus suggestion for F-35 throttle grips and z-axis

Post by chrisp123 »

Hi there, I'm a long-time happy user of the FSSB R3 and TUSBA R2, and I've just treated myself to an R3 Lightning (which arrived swiftly and successfully) for Dual Stick HOSAS action in space sims.
(SC, ED, Evochron-Legacy etc). So first off - super products, thank you team!

Here is my suggestion/request... how about an F-35 *throttle* grip, (ideally) to go on FSSB base, or with alternate mounting to go on Cougar or Warthog throttle bases?

Perhaps I have spent too much time using throttles, but I think there is a lot ergonomically to be said for the throttle grip shape and button placements - not least of which we have *4* fingers + thumb. Joysticks rely heavily on thumbs for button actuation.

As a parallel idea (especially for Space/6-DOF control) a single-axis analogue rocker (finger or thumb) like the Cougar radar/mouse control only with 1-axis, would be a super addition. I think particularly a rocker, not a rotary and not like the analog pinky paddle on the MongoosT50s which are nice (can we have them as analog in firmware pls!) but hard to use at the same time as x and y.
Pedals give 1 good additional axis (z) but the toe-breaks don't give the same kind of experience (and have some cross-talk with the (z) physically). I am not a fan of the twist grips for z! Are the FSSBs able to pass through an additional analog axis (I am guessing 'yes' from the specs of your new grips with the rotaries)?

Anyway, thank you again for great products and looking forward to the F-16 grips ;)

ChrisP
Dragon
Product: ---
S/N: 0

Re: Thanks! Plus suggestion for F-35 throttle grips and z-ax

Post by Dragon »

Dear Chrisp

First thanks a lot for your kind words.

Second. your wish will be revealed soon ;-) the close to release grips will enjoy you.

About the F35 throttle, is in our list "todo" but unfortunatelly at this moment we dont have real measures from the throttle, so we can not produce a "realsimulator quality" F35 throttle. as soon as somebody will give as the necesary information, you can be sure, will be available.

Thanks a lot, and keep in touch.
Dragon
///Rage
Product: R3L
S/N: 187

Post by ///Rage »

I'd absolutely love an F35 throttle. Still on your "to do" list?
Dragon

Post by Dragon »

Yes but, We have not the necesary information to make a realsimulator quality F35 throttle, sorry, we continue waiting if some one, can provide with the necesary data

Thanks a lot
///Rage
S/N: 187

Post by ///Rage »

Ok understood.

Perhaps RS F16 throttle then?
Dragon

Post by Dragon »

Yes, for the F16 Throttle, we can do a perfect one for home use. doing a special version of our actual TTS version, I think you can see some images in the promotional TTS video , in our home page.
Supmua
S/N: 55

Post by Supmua »

Would definite buy any F-16 or 18 throttle from Realsim. The F-18 grip also.
ogami musashi
Product: R3
S/N: 65

Post by ogami musashi »

The F-35 throttle would have been great. But a twin engine throttle, with realistic travel and another 64DX buttons would be an instant buy for me. So yeah, either F/A-18 or else.