HID tool not retaining some settings

GK61
Product: F16SGRH
S/N: 30

HID tool not retaining some settings

Post by GK61 »

Think I've discovered yet another bug in this ever evolving program, that being when I work within the tool, type in a bunch of names for the "Explanations" section or enter certain other settings, e.g. shifter slot and button etc., they are often not retained after I've exited the program and then come back, reopen my file and try and pick up where I left off, it's as if I never entered them at all, really irking me and wish it would be fixed and yes I've saved the slot, then saved the file.

Everything seems to work while in the program, I can save the slot, then save the file itself (*.xml), change slot# to another load it, that's fine go back load the one I just recently saved, that's fine. It's when I've exited the tool itself, restart then reload my file, change to the slot I wish to work on and often the various sections of the slot haven't retained wth I saved earlier especially my "Explanations" page where I have to go and reenter everything, save the slot, then the .xml, exit the tool, go do something else, come back reopen .xml, load slot and boom, same thing, not saved!

my main issue currently is this: I have A/G in Slot#1, with it's shifter slot set to Slot#4; now I have A/A in Slot#8 with it's associated shifter slot set to Slot#7, that works well and retains it's save status upon loading it's slot. But the problem is no matter what I do, when I move the rotary back to A/G (Slot#1) and load it, it's shifter slot always reverts back to Slot#7. I've manually saved A/G shifter slot back to #4 many many times over only to have it revert to #7 again, this needs to be addressed and fixed asap, I can't begin to tell you how frustrating this is to no end!

Just went through my MACRO list and a few of them are just gone, lost in memory somehow, lucky I have backups of them but come on, hopefully with F18 grips you'll fix this stuff once and for all eh? :evil:
Dragon
Product: ---
S/N: 0

Re: HID tool not retaining some settings

Post by Dragon »

Please, provide us with your configuration files in order to do your same procedure, and test it, just as we have not detect your problem before.
Thanks
GK61

Post by GK61 »

Dragon wrote: Tue Jun 16, 2020 8:33 am Please, provide us with your configuration files in order to do your same procedure, and test it, just as we have not detect your problem before.
Thanks
I seemed to have solved it for now with a reinstall of the tool, however I do notice occasionally that for instance with MACROs, a few disappear from time to time and all that is required is to reload them. I can only surmise that there was corruption somewhere in the backup files but I'm saving continuously anyhow so I don't lose anything but this issue can be annoying to have to retype everything in.
GK61

Post by GK61 »

Part of my issue is that it loads the "FSSB_R3_BACKUP.xml" occasionally with half my stuff missing but I want it to always load my own custom file I've been working on, is there a command-line option for this?
GK61

Post by GK61 »

Dragon wrote: Tue Jun 16, 2020 8:33 am Please, provide us with your configuration files in order to do your same procedure, and test it, just as we have not detect your problem before.
Thanks
file sent...

what this all boils down to is that upon opening the tool, it's not correctly restoring your last save. I shouldn't have to jump through hoops here, close tool, delete my last saved file, restore the last saved, working file from my zip archive, then reopen tool, select open file, then that file just unzipped and so on, ridiculous.
Dragon

Post by Dragon »

Any file received :(
Please attach the file here in the forum, to be sure I can got it from any place, just as pain text.
Thanks
GK61

Post by GK61 »

Dragon wrote: Thu Jun 18, 2020 7:16 am Any file received :(
Please attach the file here in the forum, to be sure I can got it from any place, just as pain text.
Thanks
sent as in emailed :roll:
Dragon

Post by Dragon »

I read your post, but not here, please as its a very small file, attach in the forum, I will can got it, make a copy paste in my flight computer, and test it for you, if possible add also the macros. to check it several times.

Anyhow, I have work today several times with files and no problem here.

Only a remark, I didnt remember if its wotten in the DOC, or not, so I will write it here.
The "explanations" are not saved inside the R3L, just as the information in the grip its only the necesary to let work in game, so the explanations are only saved in the file you save in your PC. If when you attach R3L the PC ask to the R3L about his actual configuration, to let you use as backup if you has lost the original file, but explanations are the only info not possible recover form the R3L just as are not inside. Once the info from the R3L its in the PC, the software look if there are some file with the full name recovered from the R3L and if this file exits, the PC got the explanations from this file.

SO, the R3L can not lose your explanation.
When you will finished a configuration, save it with two names, one as backup, and other to use normally, and load the one you want use in the R3L, and dont move this file from th eplace you use to load over the R3L just as will be this place where the software will look fo rth einformation.

If you move the file from the folder you sue when load the info in the R3L or change the name, when you will recover the configuration from the R3L you will need write again the explanations.

In other hand, in all these weeks working with the F18 center grip we have recover, save, load files hundred times, and we have not had problems, and its the same software.

Cheers and have a great weekend