TUSBA Buttons gone haywire

RogueSqdn
Product: R3L-ULTRA
S/N: 20

TUSBA Buttons gone haywire

Post by RogueSqdn »

I'm having a problem with my TUSBA R2. By default, buttons 5, 6, and 11 are active. My speedbrake close won't work, neither will iff out. I've tried updating firmware with DCC and rebooting, to no avail. I've also tried a different USB port.

Please help! Any ideas?

Using firmware TUSBA_TQS_R2_V.1.00.TUSBA.

Edit: left for 15 minutes, came back and it's working. Weird. Any ideas? Would be bad to happen in flight.
Jared
Dragon
Product: ---
S/N: 0

Re: TUSBA Buttons gone haywire

Post by Dragon »

Hi RogueSqdn.

All, and I say all the TUSBA has been tested personally by me, three times, before left the company, so, is impossible a firmware issue, or bad design, only a problem related with transport.

As you know, TUSBA have three buttons active by defaul in the first 16 block, and are 1, 6 and 9, those buttons are the neutral position of comms, master mode and speed brakes.

As the most probably is that hardware is ok, and throttle hardware is also ok, and sure you have plug again the DSUB 15 pines connector, at least two times ;-) and sure the pines in the connector are clean. the first possibility is a mistake in the USB area, so. please.

Connect the TUSBA to any USB connector direct to the computer with enough energy to drive the old Cougar system, just as some USB periferic dont provide to much energy.
Also, I understand you are using the small USB wire we provide, or other similar, or your USB socket is located in some way you can connect the TUSBA with no mechanic problems.

Anycase, please take contact tomorrow, with me to follow the issue and test if necesary with you.

Cheers and see you tomorrow.
RogueSqdn

Post by RogueSqdn »

I'm at work now, but the only thing I can think of that I left out is that it's on a 6 foot USB extension cable. I have been having a few USB issues lately, so I have turned off USB power management.
Jared
Dragon

Post by Dragon »

Probably this is the problem source , 6 foot USB extension USB wire, only work with high drive systems, not always. the USB norma, dont allow this extension. but I have work with USB electronic to let you expand this distance to about 3mts (about 9-10 foot) and in two years a go mainboard I have drive 2mts (6.06 foot) with no problem, the only thing is that when I drive a long USB I always use high quality wire (thicker than normal) this will help you a lot.

Anyhow tomorrow with your test, I hope will be sure the problem is the wire, and I will look here to give a suggest for the extension wire
RogueSqdn

Post by RogueSqdn »

The USB cable is from AmazonBasics. It goes into the motherboard which is an Asus P79 pro(I think) on a Falcon Northwest Mach V system.
Jared
Dragon

Post by Dragon »

Tomorrow. I will test at work with two 1,5mts USB extend wire, this is worst than your installation, just as I will add a plug/socket union, if work in the company must work in your home. I will give you the wire manufacturer.

Anyhow, I have look again the USB specification and the maximun theoric is 5 meter, problem is: propagation delay issues, so, with a high quality wire, four meters must work. If you agree, both of us will tst the connection, you at home, me at work, so, please test in the two situations.

a) Directly attached to the PC, with a small USB wire (the supplied for example)
b) Throught the 3mts USB extender.

If in any (or both) case, you got false "ON" buttons, unplug the throttle, and let me know if the buttons are OFF or continue ON.

I wil wait tomorrow your news, and I will give you my 3 mts test.
Cheers
RogueSqdn

Post by RogueSqdn »

That being said, I've tested the throttle with and without the usb extension cable, and it works both ways. I think I'm going to put this down to an issue with USB power management in Windows 7 x64 Pro.

The proper buttons 1, 6, and 9 are active by default now.
Jared