Trim as 4 way only?

Caboose
Product: R3L
S/N: 206

Trim as 4 way only?

Post by Caboose »

Is there a way to make the trim hat ONLY function as a 4 way so that it ignores diagonal presses?
Caboose
S/N: 206

Re: Trim as 4 way only?

Post by Caboose »

I've found a workaround for this - set the stick to Trim as POV in the RS software. Then rebind your controls in DCS, clearing out your old trim bindings. It will bind as a POV in game and then will work flawlessly without any diagonal button presses.

This would be mitigated if the trim hat switch were a bit more stiff and harder to accidentally press diagonally.
GK61
Product: F16SGRH
S/N: 30

Post by GK61 »

Caboose wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 7:59 pm I've found a workaround for this - set the stick to Trim as POV in the RS software. Then rebind your controls in DCS, clearing out your old trim bindings. It will bind as a POV in game and then will work flawlessly without any diagonal button presses.

This would be mitigated if the trim hat switch were a bit more stiff and harder to accidentally press diagonally.
Good info and concur on the sloppy HAT switch, I only wish that Delta Sim Electronics (https://deltasimelectronics.com/) would help us out on this.
Supmua
S/N: 55

Post by Supmua »

GK61 wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2020 7:19 pm
Caboose wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 7:59 pm I've found a workaround for this - set the stick to Trim as POV in the RS software. Then rebind your controls in DCS, clearing out your old trim bindings. It will bind as a POV in game and then will work flawlessly without any diagonal button presses.

Good info and concur on the sloppy HAT switch, I only wish that Delta Sim Electronics (https://deltasimelectronics.com/) would help us out on this.
Completely different types of switches and purposes. Deltasim uses axis input switch (similar to Xbox analog directional pads) rather than DX button inputs. It is fine for slewing around but doesn’t really work well with the Hornet in real slew mode where you have to press/hold the center then slew.
Dragon
Product: ---
S/N: 0

Post by Dragon »

Thanks for your patience, we will comeback to this feature in the next software.

We are finishing the incoming throttle as far as finished the feature will be implemented.