FSSB R3 Stops working after 5-15 seconds of full deflection

KAI_ANDRE_HOVDEN
Product: R3
S/N: 52

FSSB R3 Stops working after 5-15 seconds of full deflection

Post by KAI_ANDRE_HOVDEN »

Hello,

First, I have installed the Warthog board in the FSSB R3 correctly.

When using the Throttle and Joystick seperately everything works fine (No T.A.R.G.E.T Script running).
Game Controllers Window:
Throttle - HOTAS Warthog
Joystick - HOTAS Warthog

But when using T.A.R.G.E.T (v 1.0.11.304) and the Script is running, the stick get stuck/frozen if I hold maximum roll AND pitch deflection (down-left corner, down-right corner, up-left corner, up-right corner (any of the four corners) for about 5-30 seconds continously.
Game Controller Window:
Thrustmaster Virtual Game Controller (root)

What have I tried:
- FSSB R3 Calibration (including centering with trigger button)
- All FSSB R3 firmware versions (1.00.0 - 1.01.0 - 1.02.0 - 1.03.0)
- Different T.A.R.G.E.T profiles, inkluding official releases from Thrustmaster

Every time i run the T.A.R.G.E.T software Script and the game controller are listed as (Thrustmaster Virtual Game Controller (root)) the FSSB R3 get stuck/freezes after holding maximum pitch AND roll for about 5-30 seconds. I have tried replacing the FSSB R3 with the original Warthog stick (I have several of those) in the same USB plug as the FSSB R3 - and now it is working, no freeze after 5-30 seconds of full pitch AND roll deflection.

So....since I can reproduce the error/freeze every time, perhaps others have the same issue?
I need help with this one please!
Last edited by KAI_ANDRE_HOVDEN on Thu Jul 17, 2014 9:31 am, edited 2 times in total.
KAI_ANDRE_HOVDEN

Re: FSSB R3 Stops working after 5-15 seconds of full deflect

I am currenly investigating this issue. I will update this post when the issue is solved.
Last edited by KAI_ANDRE_HOVDEN on Wed Jul 16, 2014 2:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
KAI_ANDRE_HOVDEN

Re: FSSB R3 Stops working after 5-15 seconds of full deflect

Solution found :D

On a Windows 7 64bit PC – everything is fine. I suspected it could be the way Windows 8.1 handles USB power saving. The Thrustmaster MFD also has problems in Windows 8.1 becuse of the new USB powersaving intruduced by Microsoft with Windows 8.1. When connecting the TM MFD’s to a Windows 8.1 PC – the MFD will connect/disconnect continously – and the lights will flash on/off with 2 sec interval. There is a fix for this: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2900614/en-us

When I tried to connect my TM MFD’s to the two USB ports that the TM HOTAS uses, I get this flashing on/off behavior. When running the TM Script (e.g. Falcon 4 AF) there is information about the HID/VID for the USB ports TM Throttle and Joystick uses. By using this information I can get the HID/VID for the USB ports. After editing the registry as instructed by http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2900614/en-us the MDF’s work as they should (no more disconnect/flashing). To be safe I did this with all my USB ports. I set “DeviceSelectiveSuspend” and “EnchancedPowerManagementEnabled” both to 0 for ALL my USB ports using regedit.exe. I verfify that by connecting my TM MFD to the USB port and check that it is not flashing on/off. After that I connected the TM HOTAS with FSSB R3 – and now everything is working!!!

Thanks to the FSSB R3 team for qickly responding by emails.
And I have to say that the FSSB R3 really ROCKS, it is impossible to go back to a "normal" joystick after using the FSSB R3 - worth every single $$$ in my opinion :-)