Installation question

MrAndersson
Product: R3
S/N: 67

Installation question

Post by MrAndersson »

Hi everybody
I got my FSSB r3 today and I've been testing it with BMS this evening and Its amazing. Problem is after plugging it in it shows up in Devices as warthog FSSB r3, the weird thing is that is if I go to properties and game controllers I now have 3 lines where it says just joystick and no line that says anything about warthog FSSB r3. Did I miss anything. I did not implement anything from the original base, and I use the x-65f throttle.
I was wondering if installing new firmware could fix it, but I'm not quite sure what firmware to install.
Hopefully somebody over here can help me out.
Thank you in advance :D
Dragon
Product: ---
S/N: 0

Re: Installation question

Post by Dragon »

Please MrAndersson

Let me know if the problem is here?
gamedevices.jpg
or here?
PrintersandDevices.jpg
Normally, when you run the DCC the standar micosoft names are changed to our more easy to undertand names ;-) but some times dont work properlly, maybe is your case.

Let me know any way
Thanks and Best Regards
Manuel
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
MrAndersson

Post by MrAndersson »

Thank you very much for helping out :D
The problem is in the upper picture= gamedevices, instead of FSSB R3 warthog it say just joystick, in the lower picture= printers and devices it says FSSB R3 warthog just like in your picture.
The thing is i might not have installed the firmware correctly,
I installed DCC and run it, then i point it towards the map where i unzipped the firmware 1.03.0, but DCC cant find it, but it seems like there where some firmware that came along with DCC, i think it was 1.04 and something that i had a name like BMS beta, but im not sure, i am at work now so i cant check.
Thank you again
Dragon

Post by Dragon »

Hi

Understood, the DCC installation mus fix your necesities, any case, as RUSBA and TUSBA have metadata installers, maybe is a good idea have a FSSB R3 metadata installer also, so I have included a metadata file in the FSSB R3 web page. please download it and install it.

Best Regards
Manuel
Dragon

Post by Dragon »

Better, I will put here the link to make you the life easier ;-)

http://www.realsimulator.com/FSSB_R3_Metadatas.rar

Regards
MrAndersson

Post by MrAndersson »

Thank you very much, ill try that and will provide feedback here as soon as possible :)
MrAndersson

Post by MrAndersson »

Dragon wrote:Better, I will put here the link to make you the life easier ;-)

http://www.realsimulator.com/FSSB_R3_Metadatas.rar

Regards
Thank you very much, problem fixed with the metadata installer :D
And the new HID device tool is also very handy, would it be possible in the future to load the different memory slots with hotkeys? Like for example it you press a certain key combo you load slot 1 for example.
Dragon

Post by Dragon »

HI.

do you know, that is possible load and save the memory slot, with the Special Modes Menu? so you dont need release your stick to modify the settings of your FSSB R3, as in a HOTAS system ;-)

Regards