Stuck in firmware update mode

markturner
Product: R3
S/N: 3

Stuck in firmware update mode

Post by markturner »

Hi, I stupidly appear to have done something out of sequence when trying to update the firmware in my F-16 stick....now its stuck with the red centre LED on and I have no functions......

What can I do? I have tried to add a device so it looks for teh bootloader, but this does not appear .

Thanks
Matthl
Product: R3L
S/N: 750

Re: Stuck in firmware update mode

Post by Matthl »

Hi,

i have no CE Version with BLE.
But the manual states on Page 25:
IMPORTANT: this combination of buttons pressed simultaneously is not
usual, so it is very, very difficult to accidentally launch this sequence, but if
you launch it, the only way to exit of this status is to update the device.
So maybe you could try to complete the update via DCC (add Bootloader Device first)?

Regards,
Dragon
Product: ---
S/N: 0

Post by Dragon »

HI, Yes it is, as Matthl mention, you have launch the update sequence and need be updated, so run DCC and install the necessary firmware.

Regards
markturner

Post by markturner »

Hi, thanks for the reply, I had the same thought myself, but the issue is that when I follow the process, I dont get the bootloader appearing when I try and add it device manager? I was trying to the firmware update, but could not initiate the single LED by using the button press sequence, which was strange. So I disconnected the stick and updated the FSSB base firmware. This process went smoothly. I then just casually tried to initiate the stick sequence again, and this time it worked...however, I had not started the whole process again. so now, I was in the mode and unable to find the bootloader to carry the process through.....

Lets assume that I am ( for whatever reason) unble to resolve this ....what can be done about a stick thats stuck in this mode? Does it need returning to you?

I am going to try again now, what would stop the bootloader driver from being found in device manager?

Thanks

EDit, can confirm that the bootloader will not show, so I am unable to move the process pass this point.
Shark
Product: ---
S/N: 0

Post by Shark »

Hi Mark,
Maybe this suggestion can help you to find the Bootloader:
1- Remove the power of grip, unplugging the device where it is connected, that is, unplug the usb cable if it is connected to a FSSB-R3.
2- In the Devices and Printers window, right-click to "Add devices and printeres".
3- Power the grip, in the previous example plug the usb cable.
4- In the Add a device window locate and click the F16SGRH Bootloader icon and continue the procedure.
I hope this solves your problem with the bootloader.
Regards,
markturner

Post by markturner »

Issue identified and worked around......it was ( not surprisingly) the bluetooth on my PC...all looked as it should but no comms between the grip and teh PC. I used my laptop instead and all was mione. Thanks to Manuel for all his help.