Request to Reduce Minimum Pitch Sensitivity

Vortex225
Product: R3L
S/N: 754

Request to Reduce Minimum Pitch Sensitivity

Post by Vortex225 »

I'm very pleased with my FSSB R3L base and F16SGRH v2 grip. I purchased both several months ago for use with the DCS Viper module and they are excellent in DCS.

However, the current software will only allow minimum sensitivity of 1.3 in roll and 1.75 in pitch. Is it possible in a future software release that the minimum pitch sensitivity could be reduced to 1.3 as well? There are times when dogfighting where 1.75 pitch sensitivity is just too large and it would be helpful to have an even lower minimum pitch sensitivity. 1.3 for both pitch and roll would be perfect for me.

Additionally, it would be helpful if we could manually type in custom values for the pitch and roll sensitivity without having to select predefined values in the drop down boxes.

I'm still very pleased with the current functionality. Thank you for making a great enthusiast flight sim product!
AstroNomad
S/N: 564

Re: Request to Reduce Minimum Pitch Sensitivity

Post by AstroNomad »

+1
I very much agree with this.

Bad news is that they have previously stated that they do not want to lower the lbs further (increase sensitivity would be the more correct way to express this) because it would also symmetrically lower the maximum sensitivity, which they think is more important for hardcore simmers.

with 1.3 + 1.3 lbs settings in pitch and roll I could even use this equipment in other sims, where fatigue is more of an issue.
AZDane
Product: R3L-ULTRA
S/N: 110

Post by AZDane »

As a new user of the FSSB R3 who just recently acquired it and only had a chance to test it about an hour in DCS, I’m curious as to why you want to fly with such a low setting?
The max setting of 13 lbs is already lower than the real stick.
In my short test that included a little bit of BFM and Air to Air refueling, the default setting of 8.5lbs felt quite light to me.
What are the advantages of flying with such a light setting? Do you find it more precise?
Vortex225

Post by Vortex225 »

AZDane wrote: Fri Apr 28, 2023 5:17 am As a new user of the FSSB R3 who just recently acquired it and only had a chance to test it about an hour in DCS, I’m curious as to why you want to fly with such a low setting?
The max setting of 13 lbs is already lower than the real stick.
In my short test that included a little bit of BFM and Air to Air refueling, the default setting of 8.5lbs felt quite light to me.
What are the advantages of flying with such a light setting? Do you find it more precise?

8.5 lbs would be barely usable for me. That would only be helpful for AAR, because the deflections are so small with that sensitivity.

I wonder if there is some other setting that is making it so difficult to get a response. Even at the minimum pitch setting available right now, it's hard to do high-G maneuvers for a sustained period of time due to arm/wrist fatigue. I spend a lot of time doing BFM in DCS, and I need the highest sensitivity possible to reduce the fatigue of constantly pulling back on the stick.
Vortex225

Post by Vortex225 »

AstroNomad wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2023 8:35 pm +1

Bad news is that they have previously stated that they do not want to lower the lbs further (increase sensitivity would be the more correct way to express this) because it would also symmetrically lower the maximum sensitivity, which they think is more important for hardcore simmers.

with 1.3 + 1.3 lbs settings in pitch and roll I could even use this equipment in other sims, where fatigue is more of an issue.
That's too bad. I don't understand how the stick would be useful to anyone with 13 lbs; the deflections are so tiny. I wonder if one of my settings is making this worse.
AZDane
Product: R3L-ULTRA
S/N: 110

Post by AZDane »

Vortex225 wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2023 3:23 pm
AstroNomad wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2023 8:35 pm +1

That's too bad. I don't understand how the stick would be useful to anyone with 13 lbs; the deflections are so tiny. I wonder if one of my settings is making this worse.
I’m the opposite. I find myself hitting the limits all the time at 13 lbs, but I’m used to 25 lbs from the real stick.