Suggestions for SpaceShipFighter V1.00

Dragon
Product: ---
S/N: 0

Suggestions for SpaceShipFighter V1.00

Post by Dragon »

Dear R3 family.

Following the wishes of some of your, we will start the develop of a firmware focused in SpaceShip Fighters code name SSF

Actually the wish list is:

.-Igot2b
Add a new axis, to control YAW, and make possible link X axis to Roll or Yaw under pilot wish, to make this possible:
Swap between Roll and a new YAW axis when you press "a button" at this moment the selected button is Pinky.
Additionally when you press Pinky and swap Roll for Yaw the Both axes YAW and PITCH divide its sensibility by 2, to increase the precision for gun accuracy.

At this moment all the other features are same that in MJF 1.05, that is MJF 1.04 plus HID DEV TOOL compatibility

I wait your feedback to include additional features in the SSF firmware.
Dragon
igot2b
Product: R3
S/N: 77

Re: Suggestions for SpaceShipFighter V1.00

Post by igot2b »

Hey R3 Family ;)

First of all thank you very much for providing a working firmware fast. I'm amazed about the showed dedication! Also I hope it's okay I post my first experiences here.

The button is working as described however I am struggling to configure the control settings in StarCitizen correctly. The axis and the alternative DX buttons (paddle+button, pinky+button) and the new axis can be configured correctly. When I hit the pinky button to activate the third axis and the precision mode the other buttons are switched to the other DX buttons. My problem now is that I can't configure multiple inputs on a single action in StarCitizen ingame. When I configure shooting to button 1 (joy1) then I can't shoot with alternative DX button (joy3) and the other way round. I then tried editing the configuration via xml:

In the StarCitizen console:

Code: Select all

pp_rebindkeys export joystick
This command exported the manually changed settings to the file StarCitizen\CitizenClient\Data\Controls\Mappings\layout_joystick_exported.xml

I then copy pasted the according actions and edited them to trigger when pressing j1_button1 and j3_button1 hoping that StarCitizen would recognize both buttons before loading the xml back into the game. However StarCitizen only recognizes the second configured button so from my point of view this is a limitation of the joystick implementation or the maybe a limitation of the Cryengine? However I'm going to take a look at the following options to see how this problem could be fixed:
  • Writing down my problem here to share it with you
  • Taking a look at PPJoy to see if this tool can help
  • Asking CIG (the developers) about dual bindings for actions
Let me know what you think!
Dragon

Post by Dragon »

Hi Igot2b

Fortunatelly, in the R3 family we can do near to every we need. so.

If the StarCitizen can not configure multiple imputs for a single action, we can use the DX OFF action in out firmware and in this way when you press the PINKY to swap between ROLL and YAW the DX button set is not swaped.

Please, if you like, enter in SMM and there use the HAT right to unactive the extended DX buttons set.

Test the AXIS swap in this way and let us know your experience.

Maybe in your test, you will found some other necesary feature for this special firmware, also please think about is would be necesary only disconect the pinky extended DX button set and let active the Paddle one.

Thanks and if some other owern want a copy of this experimental firmware I will add the link to download here.
Regards
Dragon
Dragon

Post by Dragon »

I forgot mention. I have tell you that you need use the manual DX setting with the manual SMM, because I have not yet included this special firmware in the RD_HID_DEV_TOOL I will include it ASAP.
igot2b
S/N: 77

Post by igot2b »

I get the feeling that I'm not fully familiar with the R3's features. Everytime I'm running into an issue there is already a solution built in... I will try this when I get to play next time and I will leave you a message. Maybe also Nemex want's to join our discussion? The enhanced precision mode originally was his idea.

About the second DX-Set triggered with paddle: That's absolutly appreciated as one can never have enough buttons!
Dragon

Post by Dragon »

Absolutely.

Tomorrow, I will write here the link for the firmware, to let Nemex test the firmware ofcourse ;)

Igot2b, about he feautes in the R3, :lol: there are more than in any other joy I know, so is normal. and with the time will be more and more for diferents necesities, Please take a look to the PDFs I put in the 1.04 firmware or 1.03.

See you tomorrow.
Dragon
Dragon

Post by Dragon »

Apologies, Igot2b and Nemex, I was working in a modification of the firmware and dont work yet, not as I like, so I will continue tomorrow. is just the issue about cancel the Pinky DX buttons and let the Paddle. I want do it without the necesity to modify the PC tools, and Idont found the correct way. hope this night have the magic idea, of not, O woll publish here the actual version.

Cheers and until tomorrow.
Dragon
Dragon

Post by Dragon »

Good morning.

Here you have the alpha firmware for the SSF as you will see now you have included a YAW axis (rudder) when you press and hold pinky, the Roll axis swap to YAW and when you release Pinky all comeback to normality. If your software dont allow you to assign to the same action differents DX buttons, remember disconect the aditional DX button set in your R3.

http://www.realsimulator.com/SSF_Alpha_1.rar

Test the firmware and I will wait your replies to follow with the develop.

Enjoy it and good flight.
Dragon.
Nemex
S/N: 88

Post by Nemex »

Hi,

thanks for thinking about me and your work. I'll give the firmware a spin when I get the time, always stupidly busy before Christmas... can't wait for the holidays.

Cheers
Nemex
Dragon

Post by Dragon »

In the trouble thread I have read the Starcitizen only see four HIDs is this real? if yes, is a good idea, get our one or two of the additional button sets?

Thanks
Dragon