Suggestions for SpaceShipFighter V1.00

igot2b
Product: R3
S/N: 77

Re: Suggestions for SpaceShipFighter V1.00

Post by igot2b »

Hey Dragon,

first of all i hope you all had a nice time and started good into the new year! I just found some time to play some more StarCitizen with the FSSB. I've now switched my x-axis from roll to yaw by default and my brain is starting to learn the new axis binding. It's starting to make sense and I can only recommend pitch+yaw on the stick to every space cowboy. It's far better to fly in a system without atmospheric lift. So let's start with some feedback:

StarCitizen does indeed only support 4 usb hid devices at the same time. I can use my stick, the paddle dx-set, the warthog throttle and my saitek rudder pedals. I can not bind anything to the pinky dx-set. Until I found a way I can map 2 axis to Roll I will be using my pedals instead of the 3rd axis on the fssb. I however stumbled upon a nice idea some guy had on reddit: http://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/com ... _axis_for/ He also uses the pinky button to do some roll adjustments, which is nice. However he also fixes the yaw axis value when pressing the pinky button so he keeps on yawing. Is this a option we could also get with our FSSB?

Regarding the 4 HID Limitation I'd suggest the following for the SSF Firmware:

- Turn off Pinky Button DX-Set (maybe by default?)
- Second DX-Set (Paddle) is still available and usable as it is now (much needed and highly appreciated additional buttons!)
- Add the ability to make adjustments to change the pinky buttons behavior (pinky+pedal(SMM) + whatever is not used)
-- Enable/disable Roll axis on pinky press
-- Enable/disable Precision mode on pinky press
-- Enable/disable Keep yaw rate on pinky press

I'll keep you up to date if I find something else. I also would like to get some feedback from other StarCitizen players :) I'll also have a look at PPJoy and UJR to see if I can manage to add mutliple axes to one PPJoy Axis to use the 3rd axis of the FSSB and my pedals.

Cheers,
igot2b
Dragon
Product: ---
S/N: 0

Post by Dragon »

Thanks a lot Igot2b

I will work on your suggestion. I will see the rddit idea, and hope will be possible include in the SSF

I will update ASAP
Thanks.
Dragon
igot2b

Post by igot2b »

Hello :)

I had some more time to play a little bit of StarCitizen and I finally configured my setup in Kerbal Space Program and had some more thoughts about useful features for both games. I'd like to share the following ideas with you:

- Switch Roll/Yaw Axis
I got the idea while configuring the FSSB for KSP. I like building spaceplanes that can reach orbit and am therefore forced to fly in atmospheric conditions - pitch/roll on stick - and in space, where pitch/yaw on stick would be nice. I can also imagine using this feature in SC where I would change the axis to confuse enemies with different flight styles maybe?

- Hotswitching SSF Functions
It would be nice to get a dedicated hotswitching function to quicker switch between the special SSF features. Maybe we could deactivate 4 buttons at the FSSB DX set #1 (dms/hat/?) when pressing the pinky button and add the following functionality:
-- Enable/disable Roll axis on pinky press
-- Enable/disable Precision mode on pinky press
-- Enable/disable Keep yaw rate on pinky press
-- Switch Roll/Yaw Axis
It would be nice if we could do this in real time without having to wait. If that's possible?

- Saving SSF Features to MS
It would be nice if we could add corresponding SFF Settings to the memory slot saves so we could save different complex flight configurations for various conditions in space games.

- Add option to disable Audio Feedback. I'm playing in a room that I share with someone else. Can we disable all sounds the base makes? This would help not distracting other persons when playing in the room.

Tell me when I need to stop posting ideas please. Also I'm not expecting any features I mention, I'm really more than happy with the device as it is now.

Cheers,
igot2b
Dragon

Post by Dragon »

Igot2b

As I am working just now a days on this issue, is perfect read your suggestions.

Enable disable the sound is a great idea, will be ready in next firmare.
Enable/disable precision mode is clearly also a good idea.
Enable/disable the Keep yaw rate also, but inmy opinion, this setting must be adjusted before press pinky, becuase just the YAW rate before press oinky is what you want to hold.

The save/load will save and load all the setting you modify in the SSF final firmware version.

So the main issue I need understand, is the ability you ask, to make the modification is "hotSwitch" I understand you want do it, direct and not using the SMM, so you can save time in the realtime fligh. If this is what you want, we will need sacrify the DMS (for example) to use this buttons only for this adjustments. you will loose 4 buttons for general use, but as will work as dedicated swithing you will save time.

If this is waht you ask the idea, will be for example.
DMS Up Swap between Roll and YAw allowed.
DMS Dwn KeepYawRate allowed
DMS Rght PrecisionMode Allowed
DMS Lft Spare just as switch ROLL/YAW is Pinky, no?
TO disable any of the features only will be necesary press the DMS switch for more than 0,5 seconds. for example, I think is better quick press activate and long press desactivate to only a toggle switch

Please, if you like, let me know if I have understand you ok, and I will continue writing the firmware.
Thanks
Dragon
igot2b

Post by igot2b »

Hey Dragon,

I think you understood what i wanted to tell. I just want to clarify my idea on the hotswitching and the buttons, I don't know if something like this is possible.

1) Pinky button is pressed
1.1) Toggled SSF modes get activated
1.2) DMS (for example) on FSSB DX device 1 is deactiveted
1.3) DMS (for example) switched to hotswitching mode (no DX input is sent to the game)
2) Pinky button is released (back to default)

Since the 3rd DX set (pinky button) will not be used in this configuration there wouldn't be any lost buttons. Instead you just loose the 4 functions ingame assigned to the DMS (for example). These could then be set to functions not needed while using the SSF mode.

The yaw/role switching function may need a clarification. The idea is to permanently swap yaw/roll inputs not only when pressing the pinky button. With this function you could fly your spaceplane with the "normal" roll on the stick in atmospheric conditions. When you get out of the atmosphere and enter vacuum you could switch yaw/roll with the assigned button to adjust the stick to the new flight conditions on the fly. When yaw/roll are switched all the SSF features like PrecisionMode/SwapOnPinky/KeepYaw(Roll)Rate can keep activated for the other axis I guess.

For the layout I would suggest the following:
DMS Up - PrecisionMode allowed
DMS Dwn - Permanently swap yaw/roll
DMS Rght - KeepYawRate allowed
DMS Lft - Swap yaw/roll on pinky press allowed

It's really cool that you're working on it. I'm really curious how this works out!

Cheers :)
Dragon

Post by Dragon »

Dear Igot2b and future SSF users.

Sorry, this week has been impossible work on the new firmware, I am full busy with the new software for the R3, I hope next week, can continue and release the next SSF firmware with you suggestion, and after your test, make the necesary adjustemts ;-)

Thanks for your confidence and support.
Dragon
Dragon

Post by Dragon »

Hi Igot2b

I have send you an email ;)

Wait your news.
Dragon
MBS
S/N: 58

Post by MBS »

Hi!
Is this still being worked on? I'm not seeing it with the other firmware releases and the v1 linked in this thread seems to be out of date... I tried it but the buttons were all messed up.

I'm particularly interested in the function to divide pitch and yaw sensitivity by 2 while the pinky button is being pressed. Don't need axis swap.
Dragon

Post by Dragon »

Thanks and sorry.

We have had really full busy, we comeback to the firmware in a few days.

KIND REGARDS
MBS
S/N: 58

Post by MBS »

No need to apologize. PC Sim gamers are mostly patient people :)