Axis values differ between R3 and Warthog

sYfte
Product: R3
S/N: 178

Axis values differ between R3 and Warthog

Post by sYfte »

I have been using the GRI firmware and have noticed that on the 4:4 setting, the axis deflection on the R3 device does not match the Warthog. That results in the 80% audible warning occurring at close to 100% deflection in the Warthog. I was under the impression that at 4:4, the R3 axis values and the Warthog should be the same. I tried it with the MJF firmware with the same results. Is this normal?
Shark
Product: ---
S/N: 0

Re: Axis values differ between R3 and Warthog

Post by Shark »

Hi sYfte, I will try to help you

AS any device, the FSSB-R3 works internally with raw values, so the warning sound of 80% is calculated with these raw values. On the other hand, the values you see in your computer (in the Game Controllers window for example) are not raw values, they are calculated by Windows with the calibration values, so:

- If both calibrations are not equals the values of R3 will not match the Warthog

- and if they are not 1:1, i.e. the default values of calibration, the 80% level of raw value does not match the joystick values.

To ensure a calibration of 1:1, open the Game controllers window and in each joystick, press the "Reset to Default" button of Settings tab of device properties window to delete the previous calibration and set the calibration values to default.

I hope this suggestion solves your problem.

Best regards,
sYfte

Post by sYfte »

Thank you for the quick response. Yes, I had thought the same thing and have already tried resetting the calibration to default. If I attempt to calibrate it, anything over that 80% mark and Windows thinks that the axis is at full deflection.

I tried some of the other ratios and it seems like they're skewed about 15%. For example, in 4:3, I can get about 90% deflection on the Warthog when the R3 reads 75%.
sYfte

Post by sYfte »

Thanks to ROMULUS-STAHL on the Star Citizen forums for pointing me in the right direction. My issue was fixed after running the 'secret' TM calibration tool. The download can be found in this thread: http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=65901
Romulus Stahl
S/N: 144

Post by Romulus Stahl »

You're welcome, glad to be of service. :)