Firmware MJF V.1.00.0

GORDON_KLOß
Product: R3
S/N: 210

Firmware MJF V.1.00.0

Post by GORDON_KLOß »

Hi Real Simulator Team,

i think i made a mistake by loading the old Firmware viewtopic.php?f=8&t=8 into my FSSB R3.
It messed up all the Button mappings and after loading the new Firmware (BMS_FW_1_02_1.FSSB_R3) the button mapping stayed wrong.

I did this because i had a problem with the POV Hat the half positions won't work and the first stage trigger was jittering also pressing paddle and pinky was not possible.
The jittering and POV Hat problems occured befor I connected the Warthog board to the FSSB R3.
Now i sit in a corner and cry :lol:
But i am very pleased by the quality of the manufacturing.

My System: Win 7 x64
Thrustmaster Warthog Joystick (FW: Version 11 HA10J_PIC_USB_v11.tmf)
GORDON_KLOß

Re: Firmware MJF V.1.00.0

Post by GORDON_KLOß »

I would be the happiest person if you just provide me with a solution,
to use the thrustmaster board, with all the buttons directly linked
and X-, Y-axis comming from your seonsors.
Dragon
Product: ---
S/N: 0

Post by Dragon »

Hi Gordon, dont worry about.

Must not be any problem, if you install one or other firmware in your R3, everytime, do you install a new firmware everthing is reconfigured. so mut work properly, and if not, we will repair it. So first at all not worry ;-)

There are only one thing, that firmware do not change, is the memory slots, and with every higher firmware the memory slots have some additional data. so everytime, do you upgrade, maybe you need configure your memory slots, in fact, if do you see in the RS_HID_DEV_TOOL memory slot area, some rare value, is because, this is an upgrade, and need do you set and save the memory slot.

Well, comebacking to your problem.

A) install the last BMS firmware in your R3
B) open the RS HID DEV TOOL; to read and see exactly what the R3 is doing (use for this the native R3 USB connection)
C) check everything work full OK, all the buttons run and axes work properlly.

If do you found any problem, here, take contact with me, and I will repair the R3 in the same day arrive.
Now as you are full sure, the R3 is working ok, we can continue with the TM board.

D)Install the TM board. ensure the wires are connected.
E)Connect the TM USB wire to your computer, and goes to the Microsoft HID utility, normally in printers and devices.
F)In this utility Check the TM, if all here work OK the TM board is also OK.

Now run your Target or your prefered software, In my case, I only use the R3 native system and configure every game for the DX buttons.

PLease update me with your feedback, to be sure all is OK or do you need support.
Dragon
GORDON_KLOß

Post by GORDON_KLOß »

FSSB R3.png
At Point C) the Trigger first stage wont work the second stage is equal to the Button on the top right side.
also the TMS and DMS switch show 8 Positions
The half Positions on the POV Hat wont work except for Left-Up
the Paddle and pinky cant be pressed at the same time.

in the RS HID DEV TOOL the DX Buttons on/off wont work

Is it possible to have a firmware with no DX or SMM just the 19 buttons and the POV Hat (with its 8 positions)?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
GORDON_KLOß

Post by GORDON_KLOß »

Can you give me a tool for assigning the Buttons to program a firmware? I have little programming skills
Dragon

Post by Dragon »

Hi GOrdon.

Ofcourse I can write to you a firmware without SMM, but do you need the DX buttons and DX axles to receive the information by the Microsoft HID driver, and with this information, do you can write your own virtual driver if do you like, to do whatever you like with the datas received. and ofcourse, I will be glad to publish here all what you write. But look like this is not the problem, look like if your grip hardware is not full ok. Or the R3 do you have received, have a malfunction, or your Grip have a malfunction, because with your actual firmware installed, must work properly.

Please, could be possible, do you do the next test? please, get you warthog base and install the grip again inside, and test if the buttons work properly, if the buttons in the TM warthog base work ok, I understand the R3 do you have received have a malfunction, and I must change it for a new one. or send you back the money. If the buttons also work improperly in the TM base, your grip is bad and ned a repair.

Any case, I send you an email, to try to help you, if possible reply to me, to support you in the best possible way. I wait your email.

Cheers
Dragon
GORDON_KLOß

Post by GORDON_KLOß »

I tested the the Grip on the Thrustmaster base it works there.
I also tested the Axis connecter from FSSB R3 the 5 pin plug on the TM board
and the 6 pin buttons connector comming directly from the joystick. This configuration also works fine.
My guess is that the I/O request packets are incorrect hooked in the firmware.
Dragon

Post by Dragon »

Sorry Gordon.

Please, getout the TM board from the R3, connect the Grip, test if work, if do not work, please send back to refound your money, or if do you want a new R3 please send your Grip also, I will test it with your R3 and if I found some bug, I will can resolve it.

Regards
Dragon
GORDON_KLOß

Post by GORDON_KLOß »

Ohh my god.

I found the problem. I was using my grip extension with a crapy extension kabel.
The grip directly ond the fssb r3 works now.
How can a 5cm kabel cause such a mess :lol:

Here is the devil :lol:
IMG_4208.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.