Speculation on F-16 Grip in Development

Scotty
Product: R3
S/N: 12

Speculation on F-16 Grip in Development

Post by Scotty »

I am intrigued but confused at the same time

I am almost certainly in unless the price is absolutely crazy & quite excited given the quality and precision of the FSSB R3 if the grip is anything approaching that sort of standard, as I am confident it will be, it's going to be brilliant

However I am a bit confused, there are 2 photographs on the RealSimulator main page one showing an F-16 style grip & another showing to me what looks like a highly modified Warthog style grip and both labelled as the F-16 grip.

Now I'm good with either, although if having to express a preference, I prefer the F-16 style simply because it's different. However if the reason for reverting to the Hog style is because it can offer more capability then I'm good with that too.

So the questions

Are these both different type grips in development or one and the same and the design has simply changed?

How will TARGET interface with the stick(s) and will it be able to cope with the additions (I suspect not due to Thrustmaster limitations) but will it be able to use TARGET partially or not at all?

Is the grip canted as in the F-16 style (it certainly looks that way), so we do not need to purchase the angled adapter?

You see this has me wondering which would be the best approach. I currently use the FFSB center mounted, with a Debloestis Shapeways modified neck inside my Warthog grip to angle the stick 15 degrees the left and 13 degrees forward. I'm wondering would it not be more flexible to produce a straight grip and then have the option of angling through an adapter. That approach would permit the grip to be used with the current angled adapter from Real Simulator or not as the user chose, plus allow for other angles, should Real Simulator choose to manufacture adapters at other angles, for example center mounting like the angled neck I am currently using.

Looking forward to more news, anybody got any comments or would like to speculate I'm listening

John
Nakono Kana
S/N: 51

Re: Speculation on F-16 Grip in Development

Post by Nakono Kana »

By "highly modified Warthog style grip", do you mean the F/A-18 grip? If so, that's a completely different grip that's also in development.
Scotty
S/N: 12

Post by Scotty »

Thanks for the reply

Ok I see it now there are 2 being developed a modified F-16 and a separate F-18

This might get expensive ;o)
Dragon
Product: ---
S/N: 0

Post by Dragon »

;-) yes the military version is like the quality expensive. industrial version is less expensive but out of the home user budget (sure somebody will find cheap, but not everyone) but Home version, and I say home because we will only allow home users to buy it, will be afordable.

Bets Regards
Dragon
DragonFireSG
S/N: 43

Post by DragonFireSG »

Just a little comment here :)

It is my hope that the new grip will have an option for different spring weights on the trigger for the home version.
With the sensitivity of the FSSB, and the fact that most home users do not wear flight gloves, light weight triggers will be quite desirable.

While there is the option to mod, like with the stock Thrustmaster sticks, I think will all think twice before modding and losing the warranty on a brand new, and possibly very expensive stick! ;)

Edit:
BTW, will the new sticks need R3 Lightning bases to function, or will the legacy R3 still work?
Dragon

Post by Dragon »

Hi, thanks for your coments.
The trigger spring, was the first thing the testers has talk about, and has been change, juts as the tester feeling is absolutely right, so we are taking care about the trigger as much as possible.

About if the Grip will worl with R3, hummm I can tell you that will work with R3, R3L, and absolutely everything you can connect for example the old cougar base, if you can fix in some way, the grip will work.

In fact the Grip work by himself.

Best Regards
Supmua
Product: R3L
S/N: 55

Post by Supmua »

Any update on the new grip? It's been awhile.
Dragon

Post by Dragon »

You are Right, we have had our heads down, developing and we have not let you know what is the actual status.
Please let me, prepare a smal resumen, to make it public, and put a line for the release and small description about the specifications.

Thanks
Dragon