Firmware update issue

markturner
Product: R3
S/N: 3

Firmware update issue

Post by markturner »

Hi, I have just started to use my FSSB R3 again, after some time away from simming and issues on an old PC I was unable to resolve. I am using a new windows 10 PC and DCS as my flight sim software.

I have downloaded and installed the software DCC 1.05 and also Rs_HID v1.08. Also connected the unit as in warthog only configuration.

On first run, the stick appears to work fine controlling the axis, but generally some buttons etc are not functioning in game. Trying to see why, when I run the HID software it says "firmware not supported" which in the manual says I need to update the firmware. I have many different ones to choose, please, which version should I use? No where in the manual does it say how to choose which firmware.....

I have decided to use MJF_FW_2_00_1 dated 14th Feb 2018, is this correct?

When I start the update, it says "Upload failed" "Program failed 6"

Why is this ? What do I need to do?

Please note, the last time I was using the unit was in 2015, see this thread here: viewtopic.php?f=13&t=67 I never returned the unit, and stopped using it. Do you think I should return again?

Thank you
Shark
Product: ---
S/N: 0

Re: Firmware update issue

Post by Shark »

Hi Mark,

Try to install the firmware MJF_FW_1_06_1.FSSB_R3. I think your FSSB-R3 is not the lighting model, so you can't install files with FW_2.

You can find more information about it, in the product User Guide in the folder "%APPDATA%\Realsimulator Data\". There you can read:

"IMPORTANT NOTE:
If you are going to install the firmware in a FSSB R3+ Lighting you must only select firmwares with the text “FW_2”, as for example: “MJF_FW_2_00_0.FSSB_R3”, but if the device where install the firmware is the FSSB R3, you must only select firmwares with the text “FW_1”, as for example: “MJF_FW_1_05_2.FSSB_R3”.

On the other hand, I have read the previous thread and you had problems and the progress bar did not start, now do it progress?

Best regards,

Shark
markturner

Post by markturner »

Thanks Shark, I will try this and let you know how it goes.

Out of interest, is there an upgrade to the FSSB R3 I can do, or do I have to buy the new lightning version complete? It's not possible to send back and get it altered so its lightning spec? As it looks very similar......
markturner

Post by markturner »

Hi Shark, OK, using the corrct firmware, everything updated as it should, thanks.

I do have some other issues however, so I shall start another thread for those.

Rgds, mark