Thrustmaser F-18 Grip unable to update firmware.

BurnerHH
Product: R3
S/N: 26

Thrustmaser F-18 Grip unable to update firmware.

Post by BurnerHH »

Just purchased a Thrustmaster F-18 add-on grip and I am unable to update firmware of my FSSB R3L with either DCC v1.06 or DCC v1.05. When i run the program nothing happens and the buttons of my new stick are not recognized in RS HID v1.09.
Burner
Empire 102
DCAG
vCW3

Intel Core i7 4790 @ 4.6Ghz, Nvidia GTX 970, Win 10 Pro 64 Bit , ActiveSky 2016, HOTAS Warthog, MFG Rudders , TIR 5.3, FSSB R3L
markturner
S/N: 3

Re: Thrustmaser F-18 Grip unable to update firmware.

Post by markturner »

Can you give some more details? Try removing the new grip first. Is the R3 still working on the old firmware?
BurnerHH

Post by BurnerHH »

If I put my old Hoyas warthog grip on the R3 it still works as the RS still has the BMS firmware installed.

However, I cannot open the DCC 1.06 or 1.05 programs. Nothing happens when I select the shortcut. So, I am unable to install the latest firmware and hopefully get full function of my Hornet grip.
Burner
Empire 102
DCAG
vCW3

Intel Core i7 4790 @ 4.6Ghz, Nvidia GTX 970, Win 10 Pro 64 Bit , ActiveSky 2016, HOTAS Warthog, MFG Rudders , TIR 5.3, FSSB R3L
markturner
S/N: 3

Post by markturner »

Hi, try removing and then re installing the latest version of the DCC 1.06 as it sounds as if the program has not installed correctly. What version firmware do you currently have installed? Also, have you downloaded the full installation guide?

Does the old WH grip still work as it should within BMS and DCS? If so, that tells us the issue is purely with the DCC tool installation I would say?

AS far as I know, the connection pins etc are exactly the same between the A-10 grip and the F-18 grip, so there is no reason why the new stick should not be recognized as we know the R3 base is working and also the old grip. Even if teh firmware was for BMS, it should still be sending button presses to windows?

Maybe someone more knowledgeable can chip in.
Scotty
S/N: 12

Post by Scotty »

Did you upgrade the Thrustmaster Frimware to the latest version to make it compatible with the F-18 Stick?
Think it's 12, when I did that the RS_HID Tool went loopy and it would not surprise me if that's causing the problem if you did

I rolled mine back and everything was fine with HID tool anyway and I just checked and my DCC also appears to be working

If you tried a reinstall of the DCC and it's still not working I'd try rolling back to the older TM Firmware, I posted about it here

viewtopic.php?f=11&t=197

The lnk in there to the older firmware is still in my DropBox, if you need to try it

I too have the TM F-18 Stick but as of now it's an expensive paper weight as the Real Simulator software doesn't seem compatible with it

Just a thought
BurnerHH

Post by BurnerHH »

I gave up and sold my FSSB and purchased a Virpil T-50 CM2 base. The DCC was running but I was never able to see the GUI on my screen. It was very weird. Thanks Bartolome for the support via email.
Burner
Empire 102
DCAG
vCW3