Firmware Update Tool and Windows 8

racerx
Product: ---
S/N: 0

Firmware Update Tool and Windows 8

Post by racerx »

Hi Dragon,

I was using the firmware installation tool today. When I tried to load the firmware file into the firmware update tool I received an unhandled exception error. I am currently running Windows 8 64-bit. I figured out that the firmware upgrade tool needs to be run as an administrator. Easy enough to do by selecting the FSSB_R3_FWU icon on the desktop, select Properties, click on the Compatibility tab and then select run as administrator. Or you could right click on the icon and select run as administrator.

Racerx
Dragon

Re: Firmware Update Tool and Windows 8

Post by Dragon »

Hi Racerx

Great work ;) , we are running W7 X32 and X64, and Nutty Xp (I dont be sure about if 32 or 64) so your testing in W8 is absolutely great. If you like would be nice share some pictures or video about how its look in W8:)

Dragon
racerx

Post by racerx »

Hi Dragon,

Here is a BMP file showing the error message.

racerx
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Dragon

Post by Dragon »

Hy Racerx.

Thanks for the picture. if you give to the program admin privileges, the program work, ok, no?
The Options.FSSB_R3 is the name of the file where your selected folder is saved for future reference :D.

I hope you can upload the beta file and test the news features.
Cheers.
racerx

Post by racerx »

Hi Dragon,

Yes, if you give the program administrator privileges it works as expected. I will d/l the new beta and start testing it. Yes, I called the folder FSSB R3. I will admit, not very original. :lol:

Racerx