Suggestions for V.1.02.0 firmware

Dragon
Product: ---
S/N: 0

Re: Suggestions for V.1.02.0 firmware

Post by Dragon »

Uhmm, first thanks a lot for your comments. Raptor.

I am thinking and thinking an, to have compatibility in future updates, is better have a common SMM launcher buttons configuration, so your suggestion (three buttons) look like convenient.

SO, as FSSB R3 owner, if you like, please, give us your opinion, this modification will be to important, just as is more repeated action.

About the direct actions, is a smart idea.

Raptor, have you thing about use some throttle button, to set/reset the TrackIR?

Cheers.
raptor
Product: R3
S/N: 22

Post by raptor »

Hi Dragon,

You are correct, in order for all R3 users to have similar functionality, there should be only 1 combination to activate the SMM launcher.

My personal opinion is that it should be activated with 3 button presses: Paddle + Pinky + TRIM, as stated in my previous answer. This combination appears more safe than any other since the TRIM is not used most of the time in flight, or when it will be used the pilot will not play with any other buttons for sure that moment, so no possible erroneous inputs to activate the SMM and change something without wanting so.

About your last question, regarding my CMS-in configuration: This new CMS-in available input is a very good choice to quickly program whatever valuable or critical. It might be the Track-IR recenter (although this keypress has a dedicated input on the keyboard "F12"), a video or photos capturing command, or a shortcut for voice activated commands. Anyway, what I mean is that this CMS-in keypress is very important for the player to assign there *something*, that is why I proposed to remove it from the current SMM launcher process.

Regards,

PV
Nightstorm
S/N: 24

Post by Nightstorm »

What about Pinky + Paddle + CMS Center? That is combination that should never be used in normal flight. Or if a two button choice is preferred, Pinky + CMS Center?
Dragon

Post by Dragon »

Hi

CMS Center, is only available in the warthog stick, and the R3 work with the Cougar stick also, so, the paddle + pinky can not use the special warthog switch (CMS Center), sorry.

The idea is not get out the CMS-Center option, so if you don't assign the CMS center to SMM launcher, you can use for whatever you want, but use as direct and quick SMM launcher is also a good option for this switch ;)

Ok, I hope other owners give us his opinion about this important issue

Cheers.
Dragon
Judy
S/N: 23

Post by Judy »

Hello guys,

I've been thinking about this for a little while and I must admit I like the CMS-center option. In fact, what I like is any "finger-friendly" solution. I don't have any problem using any button combination, but I wouldn't like to have to twist my fingers like crasy to access the SMM launcher. I like the idea of having it at my disposal in a very easy and swift way. So for instance, Paddle + S1 would work for me as it's easily accessible. On the contrary, something like Paddle + S3 is quite difficult for me. I have to use both my hands to access the SMM. To cut a long story short, I think I could live with a button combination with Paddle + S1, H1, H2 and H3.
Hope this helps

Judy
Judy
raptor

Post by raptor »

I strongly suggest NOT to think of easy solutions for your fingertips as the primary goal, but try to find the most suitable & easy/quick keys combination THAT DO NOT interact with (BMS & DCS;) simulation keystrokes.

That's why I suggested in my first posts the end-user to have a little freedom to select a combination. Another option would be to have 2 standard keys (eg pinky & paddle), and give the ability the user to select what the 3rd key will be from a list for the SMM activation.
Judy
S/N: 23

Post by Judy »

I don't know if it's possible, but in the next version I'd like to have a way to distinguish between the 3 DX sets of the R3. As you know, game controller in Windows shows three FSSB R3 devices. The same happens in most simulators. For instance, in BMS setup, controller, I can choose between three FSBB R3 devices, the same with DCS World. But when I assign BMS bindings to DX buttons on the R3, how do I know which DX set I'm using ? Something like "FSSB R3 A", "FSSB R3 B" and "FSSB R3 C" would be great in Windows game controller and certainly in the games setup menus.
Cheers
Judy
livrot
S/N: 18

Post by livrot »

please -
could we maybe shift DX button offset with Paddle + Trim - avoiding the pinky switch (S3) altogether?
having the cougar stick and not being able to circumvent the S3 button (which itself acts as a shift button in Falcon BMS) somehow limits the possibilities.
with two shift offsets (the one in BMS being configurable = Y) two more layers would be provided to cougar stick users:

RS shift + BMS offset = X
0 + Y = Y
32 + Y = 32+ Y
0 + 0 = normal
32 + 0 = normal

now we only have Y + RS shift always (because of S3 being pressed when shifting the FSSB)
if not possible I have to buy a warthog combo.

with the new TUSBA R2 many cougar owners will be considering the FSSB R3 and this (little) change would be rewarded I guess.
thank you again for the high quality FSSB R3
raptor

Post by raptor »

Merry X-Mas community! Health and Happiness to everyone!

Any news for the new firmware release date? I am anxious about my suggestions in order to resolve my; current issues.
Dragon

Post by Dragon »

Merry Xmas

Time to comeback to the SMM lauch sugestion.

We will test the mods, here and I will let you now the firts impressions.

See you soon.