Suggestions for V.1.02.0 firmware

Dragon
Product: ---
S/N: 0

Re: Suggestions for V.1.02.0 firmware

Post by Dragon »

livrot wrote:please -
could we maybe shift DX button offset with Paddle + Trim - avoiding the pinky switch (S3) altogether?
having the cougar stick and not being able to circumvent the S3 button (which itself acts as a shift button in Falcon BMS) somehow limits the possibilities.
with two shift offsets (the one in BMS being configurable = Y) two more layers would be provided to cougar stick users:

RS shift + BMS offset = X
0 + Y = Y
32 + Y = 32+ Y
0 + 0 = normal
32 + 0 = normal

now we only have Y + RS shift always (because of S3 being pressed when shifting the FSSB)
if not possible I have to buy a warthog combo.

with the new TUSBA R2 many cougar owners will be considering the FSSB R3 and this (little) change would be rewarded I guess.
thank you again for the high quality FSSB R3

Dear Livrot.

I have not full undertand what you mind. please, could you explain it again?
Thanks for your effort.
Dragon
Product: ---
S/N: 0

Post by Dragon »

Judy wrote:I don't know if it's possible, but in the next version I'd like to have a way to distinguish between the 3 DX sets of the R3. As you know, game controller in Windows shows three FSSB R3 devices. The same happens in most simulators. For instance, in BMS setup, controller, I can choose between three FSBB R3 devices, the same with DCS World. But when I assign BMS bindings to DX buttons on the R3, how do I know which DX set I'm using ? Something like "FSSB R3 A", "FSSB R3 B" and "FSSB R3 C" would be great in Windows game controller and certainly in the games setup menus.
Cheers

Sorry Judy, for my aknoledge, no way to do this in MS windows, MS give the same name, sorry. :cry:
livrot
Product: R3
S/N: 18

Post by livrot »

thanks for your efforts on the firmware from 2013 dec 26!

about my last post:
bms is using pinky switch to shift all the dx layers off all connected devices internally, too. (if configured in config file (bms.cfg or so))
so bms pilots can only use the paddle switch layer.
but it is not so important, really.

A happy new year, everybody!
RogueSqdn
Product: R3L-ULTRA
S/N: 20

Post by RogueSqdn »

If BMS pinky shift is causing all other layers to shift, that may explain my problem. For instance, TG1 is showing as button 96 when shifted with the R3, so that's what I programmed in BMS. I'll try adding 256 to that and testing it out. BMS does have a max of 512 buttons.

That makes complete sense and I'm smacking myself for not realizing it. I probably won't have time tonight to try it, but should in a few days.
Jared