Suggestions for V.1.02.0 firmware

admin
Site Admin
Product: ---
S/N: 0

Suggestions for V.1.02.0 firmware

Post by admin »

If you like, Please let us know your suggestion for the V.1.02.0 firmware, please remember those firmware series are focused in modern jet planes.

Cheers.
Dragon

Re: Suggestions for V.1.02.0 firmware

Post by Dragon »

Suggestion for V.1.02.0

A second DX buttons set, availabe with pinky switch,

Cheers
Dragon

Post by Dragon »

Hey.

Why not? a third DX buttons set available with Paddle.

Cheers
racerx

Post by racerx »

Hi Dragon,

That would be a very nice feature to add. One can never have enough DX buttons. :D
Nutty

Post by Nutty »

We have to be careful here. It's ok to have one controller creating multiple devices if that's your only controller. But it will potentially have knock on effects in different sims depending on how they interpret device order and/or number of devices.
As well, if this feature is disabled, if those virtual devices are removed or just disabled may produce different effects in different sims. In an extreme case of a cockpit builder who uses DX devices and is at his limit, the new firmware would "break" his pit.

I've been busy and then on holiday so I haven't keep on top of these changes.
I need to check what the new firmware is doing and get some feedback on this.

Of course, I do agree that in general it's a fantastic option to have a single controller that can create multiple devices ;)

But in general the old adage applies here: If you want more DirectX buttons, add more DirectX controllers.
Let's ask RealSimulator to start producing ICPs again :)

Cheers

James
Dragon

Post by Dragon »

Hi James-

You can be right here, R3 is designed to be as perfect as possible for desktop use. but of course if someone, use it in a cockpit, he can ask here for his Special firmware version, this is the "idea" behind this project, we have put a great electronic inside the R3 to make possible configure the R3 for so many different situations. its the main goal.

As Guillaume told, try to include all the features in the same firmware is not the best, Is better have different firmwares for different necessities. and I am here just for this :D

Cheers. and remember if somebody need the R3 for a cockpit ask for his special necessities
Nutty

Post by Nutty »

Great reply my friend and as always, good advice from Guillaume. ;)

Cheers

James
raptor
Product: R3
S/N: 22

Post by raptor »

Hello RS team, I have a request for future releases.

I am a new user with the R3 installed on the Warthog stick and using it for Falcon BMS. As I read in the manuals there is the "Special Modes Menu Launcher", a joystick keys combination that offer quick access to more on-the-fly configurations. All excellent up to now.

As of my understanding up to now, currently there are 2 possible key combinations to wake up the additional choices: either CMS center or Paddle & Pinky. While the CMS center is a good choice, I use it for another functions like TrackIR recenter, so I wouldn't want to loose that option. So currently the only other option is Paddle & Pinky. This is the problem / request I have. These 2 key combinations are actually used by the pilot and F-16 aircraft under specific conditions when on Air-to-Ground missions. To mention these conditions, if the plane is on the final bombing run flown low by automatic-TFR, the pilot will not disengage the TFR (in order not to loose some symbology and functions), but will press the paddle switch to go to manual-TFR, AND keeps pressing it until after the attack, where he will release it to re-engage the auto-TFR mode and leave the plane navigate its next root. Now, at some point of the ground delivery (while he is pressing the paddle) he will have to press the pinky switch, in order mostly to change zoom options for Targeting Pod or specific A2G weapons like Maverick etc. So if we follow this scenario (which is one of our every-day standard actions in my virtual-sq training), we will activate the R3's SMM Launcher, waiting for any additional keypress input from the joystick buttons to change something..

This is exactly what we want to prevent and request a change in a future firmware update. Perhaps an option for the user to assign himself any joystick button and any possible combination for activating the SMM Launcher. Since it is software related only, I think it is a valid request that will help in eliminating accidental joystick changes.

I hope you understand this scenario and the problem, we would be grateful if you could work and update for us all!

Regards,

PV / Raptor
Dragon

Post by Dragon »

Hi Raptor.

Absolutely :D , your necessity will be in the next firmware, but...

Always there are a but :D

Please, if you like, ( and as here we don't see possible and functional, the full free buttons selection) select the buttons for the SMM launch, could be a new additional button to Paddle&pinky or whatever you and the others owners choose. and we will include in the next release the SMM modification.

Cheers and thanks.
Dragon
raptor
Product: R3
S/N: 22

Post by raptor »

If I/we could have a graphical menu for selecting from there any key combinations freely that would be the best solution.

If not, then any positions of the TRIM hat would be the best choice to add to the previous keys combinations for the SMM activation, since the TRIM is not "normally" used in most part of the flight, and it is not a key that will interact with any other system or Pilot-Hotas work. The TRIM 4-pos hat might be the best option to also include other options too.

Eg:

Paddle + Pinky + TRIM DOWN = SMM Launcher

Paddle + Pinky + TRIM UP = Reset joystick's center position

Paddle + Pinky + TRIM LEFT/RIGHT = immediately cycle through the stick applied forces -options

Thanks and regards, I really appreciate your attitude and wiliness to help on this!

Panos