Turn off SMM

Wheaticus
Product: R3L
S/N: 62

Turn off SMM

Post by Wheaticus »

In the HID device tool have the ability to turn off the SMM button so the unit would only be able to be adjusted from in the tool I use all of the buttons on the stick currently and with both settings I am accidentally activating SMM.
Dragon
Product: ---
S/N: 0

Re: Turn off SMM

Post by Dragon »

Great Idea.
Will be included in next firmware.

The incomming grips will not have SMM just as they will have 8 settings, we tought more than enought

Regards
Dragon
Supmua
S/N: 55

Post by Supmua »

Dragon wrote:Great Idea.
Will be included in next firmware.

The incomming grips will not have SMM just as they will have 8 settings, we tought more than enought

Regards
Dragon
Any idea when those new grips will be released?
H. Bear
S/N: 283

Post by H. Bear »

I have the FSSB R3L but with a standard Warthog grip, not the F16SGRH.

I would also like to only adjust the R3L via the HID Device Tool.

Do you still plan to include an option of OFF/NO button to activate SMM?

Thanks,

- Bear
Pacifism is a shifty doctrine under which a man accepts the benefits of the social group without being willing to pay - and claims a halo for his dishonesty.

- Robert A. Heinlein
H. Bear

Post by H. Bear »

G'day Dragon,

I've installed the latest 1.13 and FW_4.

For the most part it is a good step forward to unify the various FW.

However I use the R3L with a TM grip and would still like the option to remove the SMM.

I am happy to make adjustments via the HID Device Tool, I usually do not make any changes at all.

I would like to be able to use both my Paddle+Pinky (I use this for eject) and also CMS Down in my games.

Thanks for your help,

- Bear
Pacifism is a shifty doctrine under which a man accepts the benefits of the social group without being willing to pay - and claims a halo for his dishonesty.

- Robert A. Heinlein
H. Bear

Post by H. Bear »

As per my other post, I would like it if this option returned in the most recent firmware.

Thanks,

- Bear

- Robert A. Heinlein
H. Bear

Post by H. Bear »

G'day again.

It's been a few months now.

I'd like to state again that I'd like the option to disable the SMM button combos entirely and only manipulate the FSSB through the HID Device Tool.

- Bear

- Robert A. Heinlein
H. Bear

Post by H. Bear »

Again I would like to request the option to have no SMM Special Mode Menu combo when using a TM grip with the FSSB R3.

I have only ever made changes via the HID Device Tool program, never via this button combo function.

Having the combo means I can't use either my CMS Down or Paddle + Pinky for in-game functions.

Both of these buttons/combos are useful in-game.

Thanks,

- Bear

- Robert A. Heinlein
Dragon
Product: ---
S/N: 0

Post by Dragon »

Dear Bear.
This option was included in the BMS firmware few years ago. no? and in the news grips we have remove the SMM as you suggest.

We can not modify old firmware with your suggestion, just because many other users use the SMM functions, and we can not remove it. for this reason, was modified the BMS firmware in order to have both users happy. Please take a look to how BMM firmware manage the SMM and hope this will be OK for you.

Thanks
H. Bear

Post by H. Bear »

G'day Dragon,

I'm reading the doc for the BMS firmware and it states that SMM is activated by press pinky/paddle then release paddle/pinky,
unfortunately this is the combination I'm trying to use in my games.

In addition the latest firmware has options I use such as the adjustable BFA.

I don't want the option to activate SMM removed entirely, which would affect other users, just an additional option:

Paddle+Pinky / CMS Centre / Off

If it can't or won't be changed that's fine, I'll stop asking.

- Bear

- Robert A. Heinlein