FSSB R3 X axis stays at 0

GREGORY_GERMAN
Product: R3
S/N: 102

FSSB R3 X axis stays at 0

Post by GREGORY_GERMAN »

Hi everyone,

I just updated the firmware on my FSSB R3 to MJF_FW_1_06_1 and now my X axis only reads 0 (-100%). I've followed all of the correct procedures for updating and then running the HID Device Tool 1.08... but my X axis still stays at 0. I've tried resetting the defaults in the Windows 10 Game controllers calibration, but that didn't work either.

I've read through the forum threads and others have said that unistalling and re-installing the RS Tools software fixed their problems, but I tried that as well and still the same - X axis is at 0 (-100%). If I apply force, I can get the red cross toward the center of the calibration window, but as soon as I release the pressure it goes back to the left and 0 (-100%). The Y axis is fine. Everything was good before the firmware update... not sure what to do now. I've gone through the manual but nothing there has helped either.

Nothing has physically happened to the unit (no bumps, dropping, or power surges.) It's been bolted to my simulator frame since I bought it. It worked well a couple of days ago but I thought perhaps it was time to update the firmware and make sure all was good in anticipation of the DCS F-16. Now I'm worried that I've done something that can't be fixed.

I'm wide open to suggestions...

Many thanks,
Greg
Shark
Product: ---
S/N: 0

Re: FSSB R3 X axis stays at 0

Post by Shark »

Hi Gregory,

I do not know that there are problems with that firmware version. Do you remenber what was the previous version installed? If you remenber it, I will do the same update in a R3 here to confirm there is no problem.

If the sensors have not received any bump, maybe any internal component has broken down now and it will be necessary change it.

You don't says if you made a Neutral Position Adjust (NPA) procedure to correct the central position of axis, so please, try it by the SMM+Trigger 1.

If after NPA your FSSB R3 continue with the problem in X axis, you will have to send us it to our facilities for revision.

Best regards,
GREGORY_GERMAN
Product: R3
S/N: 102

Re: FSSB R3 X axis stays at 0

Post by GREGORY_GERMAN »

Hi Shark,

I'm afraid I honestly don't know what firmware version was previously installed... I got the unit new about 5 years ago and it has had whatever firmware shipped with it.

I did try the NPA prcoedure this morning to correct the central position of the axis (CMS + Trigger 1) as you advised and that seems to have reset it. Whew!!I'll test it in-game and make sure everything works as it should and I'll reach out if there are any problems!

Thanks so much for your help!