some help with initial set up please

markturner
Product: R3
S/N: 3

some help with initial set up please

Post by markturner »

So I have the stick functioning ok as a axis controller, IE its controlling the pitch and roll nicely. I have it installed as a standalone joystick.

My problem is that I dont seem to have any functioning buttons in game on the joystick? I usually use a profile on the warthog, that gives shifted functions to the various switches on the throttle and also assigns all the functions when I run it, so I dont have to program each switch or button in game. Are you able to still do this using the R3? Or do I need to manually program the buttons...?

All buttons are detected when I test in the game controllers window.

Thanks!
Dragon
Product: ---
S/N: 0

Re: some help with initial set up please

Post by Dragon »

Hi Mark.

The R3 dont emulate a Keyboard, so you need manually link (program every Dx buton (in the MJF do you have 3 DX set)) the DX button with the action in the simulator.

The F16SGRH have included a USB keyboard, so you can control the game with keystrokes or DX buttons.

For falcon I can send you my standard code if this can help you, for DCS its really easy if you know what you want, in others its similar to DCS.

cheers.
markturner

Post by markturner »

OK thanks, so I cant use a target script for the buttons, but manually program, that's fine. What is the F16SGRH please?
Dragon
Product: ---
S/N: 0

Post by Dragon »

Hi
The advanced grip. Its the first of the grips we are manufacturing.

Today we have finished the release firmware and related software, and we are waiting the test report from people out of the company, here all work OK, but you know, its best test before send to customers.

in the web page you can see some videos about , and in the incomming days we will add more videos, about how to use with the R1/R2/R3 and R3L, Here do you have the link http://www.realsimulator.com/html/f16sgrh.html

B.R.
markturner

Post by markturner »

Wow, that looks great!

One question regarding the settings on my R3.... yesterday while using it, the trim appeared to stop functioning and when I ran the HId software again ( after a fair bit of time trying other things and looking elsewhere) , I noticed that the hat switch was showing POV instead of trim. What would cause it to change as I am sure I did not change it myself......?

Once set in the software, it should stay as programmed, yes?
DragonFireSG
S/N: 43

Post by DragonFireSG »

@Mark

You can use the R3 in Target if you install the warthog's controller board in the base. You do lose some of the advanced features R3 in native mode supports though.

Regarding POV -> Trim I believe you might have accidentally switched profiles. Lightning supports 3 stored profiles than can be toggled between on the fly using a button press combination.
If I am not using them, I usually set all 3 to be identical. Whether the hat does POV or Trim is defined in these profiles.
markturner

Post by markturner »

Thanks, I spent a fair bit of time last night getting up to speed with how it all works.....feel a bit more at ease with it now, as you say probably did something inadvertently. Tried out the reduced range switch for soem formation flying with the tanker, works great !!

Thanks for the support!