FSSB R3 firmware upgrade when used with F16sgrh

Shark
Product: ---
S/N: 0

Re: FSSB R3 firmware upgrade when used with F16sgrh

Post by Shark »

Hi Mark,

You are right, the new R3 firmware is the previous version with the CERO position adjust included, so if your FSSB is centred, at the moment is not required update it. To see the version your R3 has installed launch the RS_HID_DEV_TOOL and verify it is the MJF_FW_3_00_1.

About the sequence to upgrade the R3 everything is correct in your explanation, just need to add that after connect the R3 the DCC image change to colour for a moment and later change again to grey. It is because your system do not detect the bootloader device (it is active only during the image with colour). When the image change to grey your R3 bleep, correct? If you want to send the R3 for revision, we have no problem in verify it, I will try to send back it in maximum one day.

Finally your F16SGRH as I told you in previous post is on updating phase and it is necessary to finish this phase to exit and enter in normal operation. So you don't need press again the sequence, the device is waiting for update.

Please, send me by PM your Device Manager and Device and Printers windows, I will try to help you.

Best regards,

Shark
markturner
Product: R3
S/N: 3

Post by markturner »

Hi Shark, I ran the dev tool to check the firmware version in the R3...it says "firmware non supported"

I think it may be more sensible to return the R3 to base for checking. But I am curious why the firmware is now not showing as I have not removed the old firmware or replaced with a new version. Remember last week I loaded the correct firmware version with no issue and the R3 was working fine...

When I run the tool and check the FSSB R3 RH page, all the buttons appear to be greyed out...you cant click on any....what would cause this?

Regarding the F-16 Grip, what is the solution to finish this phase it is stuck in to exit? Do I need the bluetooth working to do this? In which case I cant check this until the new dongle arrives. I am going to send you pictures by email, please advise me of your email.

Unless of course you wish to do a screen sharing session with me and look yourself directly at what is happening? This may save some time and postage costs.....

rgds, Mark

Edit: I just tried to send requested pictures via PM, but could not see how and my message now appears stuck in my outbox.....can you PM me an email address?
Supmua
Product: R3L
S/N: 55

Post by Supmua »

When you pair the bluetooth use DMS+TMS without trigger button (that's only for firmware update). That's what worked for me.
markturner

Post by markturner »

Hi Bart, OK, I now have working bluetooth on my PC, the same dongle as you have tested has not arrived, but I got another and its installed and seems to be working fine, i have the enumerator LE present in device manager.

I have managed to exit the stuck stage and update the firmware, install and calibrate the grip.

just trying it out now in freestyle mode, without it attached to my R3 ( obviously as its on its way to you...) and am amazed at how awesome this kit is.... 8-) :D

i could not imagine how it work holding it unmounted, but it does and so easy to use like that!!

One thing, how would you recommend setting up the axis and response curves in DCS? Use that in game or purely leave the adjustment to the real simulator software..?

O e final thing - Once paired and set up, do you need to keep the cable connected?

Where can I get an R2 fixing nut as shown in your calibration video please? I would like to use my stick in a similar fashion as an option
Shark
Product: ---
S/N: 0

Post by Shark »

Mark,

I'm now mainly focused in the grips production and I have little time to fly, so I can't suggest you how configure the axes in DCS. When we made the videos we used the standard settings and curves and the flight was awesome.

About your question: "Once paired and set up, do you need to keep the cable connected?" it is not necessary, the cable is only to power and to allow a free movement of grip. So, you can connect it to the R3, or any other power source.

Best regards,

Shark
markturner

Post by markturner »

Thanks Bartolome, I make a post on the DCS forums ....