[Ogami]F16SGRH feedback

Shark
Product: ---
S/N: 0

Re: [Ogami]F16SGRH feedback

Post by Shark »

Mark,

Maybe could be a good idea sharing your Bluetooth model, so we could prevent future problems of other users

Regards,

Shark
markturner
Product: R3
S/N: 3

Post by markturner »

Sure, it was an ASUS BT400 dongle
ogami musashi
S/N: 65

Post by ogami musashi »

Update 01/08/19:
Added 2.2.1 with video.
Bug section (5) overhaul with video.
Dragon

Post by Dragon »

Hi

Thanks, for the report.

In a few days, will be released new firmware with updates, some of them are your bugs reports, like the "cancel" buttons

In other hand, here we can not "hang" the comms in the 90% as you, we have try it several times, but no success, work always.

We must focus in your PC configuration, maybe BLE dongle/MB, if its in dongle, please connect it direct to a computer port, not a HUB, and please be sure in a USB2 port.

Some MB BLEs are not working properly, and give some comms faults, for the iron arround the antenna,

Best Regards
ogami musashi

Post by ogami musashi »

Hi Dragon,

Right now the 2.2.1 is by far my main concern, I can't use the stick at all because of that (unless I turn Yaw sensitivity off).
markturner
S/N: 3

Post by markturner »

Hi Ogami, just watched your linked video, how do mount the grip and allow the twist function? And what do you use that axis of movement for out of interest?

Rgds, mark
ogami musashi

Post by ogami musashi »

updated 02/08/19
-Added 1.5

Mark,

There is a skrew hole on the stick's ring to lock it, preventing twisting motion. When you use an extension, because the mini-din cable is flexible, if you do not use a pin to lock the twisting motion, the twisting motion is possible. I have added a white plastic collar between the ring and the stick's base. This allows twisting motion with resistance, thus preventing unwanted twisting motions.
See video in 1.5
I use either all axes from F16SGRH or XY from warthog and Z from the stick.
DON'T do that with an Fssb R3! The extension multiplies the torque on the sensors and you will break them by overloading them.
Dragon

Post by Dragon »

Hi Ogami.

I will try to replicate your situation next week, and I will update you.

In my flights with the F16SGRH in alone mode, always has use it in straight forward position, never like the F18grip with some degrees turn to the left, and I believe this its the inconvenience.

The System its designed for straight forward like the F16 and you are using like the F18 turn to left. So maybe will be necessary, include in the future part of the the F18 features to let the grip work as straight when its turned to the left. If its possible of course, just as physic have the limit of the reality, magic its out of the scope of our work ;-)

See you next week.
Dragon
ogami musashi

Post by ogami musashi »

Dragon wrote:Hi Ogami.

I will try to replicate your situation next week, and I will update you.

In my flights with the F16SGRH in alone mode, always has use it in straight forward position, never like the F18grip with some degrees turn to the left, and I believe this its the inconvenience.

The System its designed for straight forward like the F16 and you are using like the F18 turn to left. So maybe will be necessary, include in the future part of the the F18 features to let the grip work as straight when its turned to the left. If its possible of course, just as physic have the limit of the reality, magic its out of the scope of our work ;-)

See you next week.
Dragon
Hi Dragon,

The F-16 transducer is rotated 12° outwards in the real jet. I hope you can do something about that, because it is a major limitation if you can't have the stick rotated.

edit: changed "grip" for "transducer"
Last edited by ogami musashi on Thu Aug 08, 2019 11:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ogami musashi

Post by ogami musashi »

updated 08/08/19
2.2.2-4: problems with the reponse of the axes.
5.1-5.4: pairing problem have been resolved by using a sveon SCT-400 dongle
Added user manual section (6)

I would really like to hear from both RS and other users about the 2.2.2-4 problem. It makes it impossible to fly with F-16SGRH axes only which defeats the main purpose of the stick. Is it a problem only with me or something shared by others?

P.S: the 64dx buttons and slot wheel come in handy in modern simulators!