Rom's F16GSRH input

Romulus Stahl
Product: R3
S/N: 144

Rom's F16GSRH input

Post by Romulus Stahl »

The grip arrived in great time and in great shape.
Definitely a quality product, I prefer the locking collar over the TM version, the collar could use some minor cleanup from machining (I noticed a burr on the threads).
One needs to pay close attention to connecting the cable to the grip, the pins can be bent if things aren't lined up exactly. In the past I've been used to just doing things by feel, at this point I'm sighting things first.
Bluetooth Issues

* While my MB has a 4.2 BLE as an option (ASUS ROG Maximus X Hero (Wi-Fi AC) LGA1151) the signal to the grip was not strong enough for my setup.
* This caused some minor issues as I was able to install the grip with the cable and the grip near the PC, it would not stay connected on the R3 base.
*I fixed this by adding in a USB BLE and disabling the onboard BLE https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07J5 ... UTF8&psc=1
*This caused some issues as I could not remove the device the std way, I did successfully clear this up once I removed all the old BLE drivers, and only had the new USB BLE as well as the grip installed

Programming - I can only do this without the grip powered on, if the grip is powered it will continually attempt to download until RS_HID_Device locks up.
That's it for now, I'm waiting on a Hall sensor mod for my TQS/TUSBA R2 at which point I start using the grip without the WH Throttle. Trying to limit my use of TM native controls and TARGET.
That's it for now, more to come. :)
Dragon
Product: ---
S/N: 0

Re: Rom's F16GSRH input

Post by Dragon »

Hi

Thanks a lot for your feedback.

IMPORTANT, You are absolutely right, PLEASE "needs to pay close attention to connecting the cable to the grip, the pins can be bent if things aren't lined up exactly"

We must add your sentence to the USER MANUAl, yes, once you have connect several times, as us, its really easy, and you get used to do it, in a sift way, But in the beginning, its necessary put attention to the connector and align the connect correctly.

So thanks a lot, for something evident but really very important.

Now about your issues.
The MB BLE, we have set the grip to 0db, this is the normal for BLE systems, in a normal noise environment, work really ok, but you have take the best solution, if the internal BLE inside a iron house have not enough sensibility, you have move to an external BLE and out of the box, the antenna work better.

About the programming, I am not sure about your issue, so I will tell you the most close, we detect here to your issue, and maybe its the same.
The first firmware in the grip, the actual in your hands, has an advertising time of 30 seconds, so if your computer take more time than 30 seconds in start up, the computer loose the BLE grip time window, so you will need press TMS & DMS center at time, to start again the advertising procedure.
When in our software test, we reset the computer and we loose the BLE advertising window, obviously the PC don't recognise the Grip, but for some reason, windows send to our PC software information as the grip its connected and disconnected constantly, and we see how the grip image in the RSHIDDEVTOOL change between gray and colour, and make impossible work with the software.
every time we take notice about it, we press TMS and DMS center to connect the grip to the computer.

This issue, will be fixed, with the Philippe suggestion to increase the BLE adv time from 30 seconds to time enough for a normal PC to start up, so in the next firmware, this time was increased to 5 minutes.

We hope release this new firmware and software soon. maybe today or tomorrow.

Thanks and enjoy.
Romulus Stahl
Product: R3
S/N: 144

Post by Romulus Stahl »

I'm learning more about BLE then I expected.
Based on the Class 1 and 2 bit and the suggested BLE the Europeans are using I've ordered one of these:
https://www.amazon.com/d/USB-Network-Ad ... B00FCK307I
After reading the reviews I canceled the order (the manufacturer seemingly did not pay for the software rights)
I'll continue to look for a Class 1 unit.

I've already tried the following from my original post.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00DJ ... UTF8&psc=1
No issues connecting
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07J5 ... UTF8&psc=1
No issues connecting, has a good range (finds a lot of devices)
admin
Site Admin
Product: ---
S/N: 0

Post by admin »

Please Rom, give us your feedback for these dongles, in order to add in the BLE dongles list
Thanks in advance.