Disconnection

Supmua
Product: R3L
S/N: 55

Disconnection

Post by Supmua »

I have no trouble pairing the stick to my PC. But I do notice that when opening RS_HID_Dev Tool and clicking on the F16SGRH tab, It would start loading data. Then the app would become stuck in the middle of loading and when I click cancel all the connection would be lost. Am I doing something wrong or this is bluetooth issue? I'm using the Rev1 version of 1.09 Tool.

Note that I do not have any disconnection issue with games (mainly DCS), just the dev Tool app.
ogami musashi
Product: R3
S/N: 65

Re: Disconnection

Post by ogami musashi »

Hi,
See the first post of my topic viewtopic.php?f=28&t=178. I had the same problem with my motherboard bluetooth, bought a Sveon SCT-400 and now have no problem.
Supmua

Post by Supmua »

I've seen your post, however, I can't find that particular dongle in the US. Seems like it is a class I bluetooth 4.0 dongle which is rare, most dongles out there are class 2 which has shorter transmission range.
Dragon
Product: ---
S/N: 0

Post by Dragon »

HI

Please, let me know, in if you last F16SGRH also got this problem, or if in the old one, this dont happen.

We are working, form last week, full time, with other USA owner with a similar issue (not equal, just as he load ok the datas). but we can not simulate in the laboratory. And maybe if your old F16SGRH would work OK ,and the new one not, can help us.

Thanks in advance
Supmua

Post by Supmua »

Dragon, I’ve seen this with my 1st stick also but it seems more often in the 2nd one, and it is typically during data transfer with the dev tool app. It would just freeze in the middle of the transfer and I ended up having to close the app.

Another question. Right now firmware update is done via Bluetooth but is it possible to have this done via wire connection? The reason being that if you get disconnected during update then the stick could become bricked. This hasn’t happened to me yet but it is something that could potentially happen in the future.

I’m getting a hold of more Bluetooth dongles to test with, but this disconnection issue is the only negative aspect for this stick right now which needs to be addressed before worldwide release. If it is in fact compatible with a few Bluetooth dongles, customers need to know specifically which ones that work, or may be include the one that works as part of the joystick when you ship it.
Last edited by Supmua on Sun Aug 11, 2019 11:32 am, edited 2 times in total.
ogami musashi

Post by ogami musashi »

Supmua wrote:I've seen your post, however, I can't find that particular dongle in the US. Seems like it is a class I bluetooth 4.0 dongle which is rare, most dongles out there are class 2 which has shorter transmission range.
Yeah this seems to be a spanish only dongle. I shopped it on amazon.com but I live in France so shipping fees were relatively low.
Dragon
Product: ---
S/N: 0

Post by Dragon »

Ogami.

I read your post, and as I told in the specific threath about the X/Y/Z axles, its a work in progress and will be improved until add more maths make as become madness ;-).

At this moment, the most important issue, its resolve the USA problem with BLE, Why? you can ask, the reply sincerely its this. Both USA owners has report the problem, and we have give then the possibility to return the grips to the company and we return the full money, but both of then, enjoy the grip, and have reject the return, so resolve their BLE issue, in some or other way its the most urgent.

Sure you understand
ogami musashi

Post by ogami musashi »

Dragon wrote:Ogami.

I read your post, and as I told in the specific threath about the X/Y/Z axles, its a work in progress and will be improved until add more maths make as become madness ;-).

At this moment, the most important issue, its resolve the USA problem with BLE, Why? you can ask, the reply sincerely its this. Both USA owners has report the problem, and we have give then the possibility to return the grips to the company and we return the full money, but both of then, enjoy the grip, and have reject the return, so resolve their BLE issue, in some or other way its the most urgent.

Sure you understand
I think you posted in the wrong topic Dragon :)
Supmua

Post by Supmua »

Ok, the disconnection issue seems more prevalent if I leave the Dev Tool app open. If I don't have that app loaded, then I usually have no issues, mostly playing DCS World right now.

Other than the BT issues, this is probably the best stick that I've tried as it packed with features compared to competitions. It also seems a much better fit for the Virpil WarBRD base compared to the Thrustmaster one, as it is a lot lighter.

Going to try a few bluetooth dongles, including the ASUS BT-400 mentioned in another thread to see how it goes.
ogami musashi

Post by ogami musashi »

Supmua wrote:Ok, the disconnection issue seems more prevalent if I leave the Dev Tool app open. If I don't have that app loaded, then I usually have no issues, mostly playing DCS World right now.

Other than the BT issues, this is probably the best stick that I've tried as it packed with features compared to competitions. It also seems a much better fit for the Virpil WarBRD base compared to the Thrustmaster one, as it is a lot lighter.

Going to try a few bluetooth dongles, including the ASUS BT-400 mentioned in another thread to see how it goes.
Do you use the F-16SG axes?