Actual BLE status and Summer vacations.

Dragon
Product: ---
S/N: 0

Actual BLE status and Summer vacations.

Post by Dragon »

As you can understand, before send any F16SGRH out of the company we were flighting and working for hundred of hours. really more than 9 hundred ;-)
in the same way, in all the develop stations, there are F16SGRH working 8 hours per day, connected, paired, and receiving several compiling test firmwares every day,
Today, also, just as we are in a full time develop for the software to help to our USA owners and a really great French buddy.

Sure with your help the BLE USA issue and some European owners will be fixed, at least if the solution exist . BUT at this moment, we are focused in an alternative solution.

Some of you already know it, and its not a surprise, but I understand, all of you worth to know it. We are getting the R3L great electronic and improving inside the necessary hardware and software, to let you use the F16SGRH features but using the R3L USB wire connection. we start the develop about 2 weeks a go, and we believe will be ready in September.

So in September all of you with BLE problems, will can use the next software and use the F16SGRH through the R3L, this will represent some advantages doing the system easier to configure, and at same time, the people with no problems in the BLE like me, we will come continue using the stand alone version seat in our prefer chair. This means, that the BLE only will be mandatory for upgrading, and even in this case, we are preparing also an alternative.

Finally we will start the company summer vacations next August 15th, some of us, will carry the software folder to the beach in order to continue the develop and have it finished in September.

I want give you thanks to all of you, and see you in September.

PD, once the R3L software will be finished, we will continue the others improvement, just as we consider as prioritary the issues related in this post.
Supmua
Product: R3L
S/N: 55

Re: Actual BLE status and Summer vacations.

Post by Supmua »

This is a great solution. This stick is likely going to be on my FSSB R3L most of the time so I don't really need bluetooth if I can utilize all of its features via wired connection.
Romulus Stahl
Product: R3
S/N: 144

Post by Romulus Stahl »

Will this apply to the R3 as well?
Supmua

Post by Supmua »

One suggestion/request for future update--macro inputs. I'm currently using external app for this (RS Mapper) so it's not a big deal, but it would still be neat to have it so there is no need to run another app in the background.

Macro is useful when you need to operate mutliple switches such as internal and external light switches, where one button would turn these lights on or off. I could also use it with TPOD operation where one click would turn Master Arm on, TPOD on, Arm laser, switch Zoom mode to narrow, etc. Or carrier landing preparation with Flaps down, gear down, hook down, Speedbrake on, etc.
ogami musashi
S/N: 65

Post by ogami musashi »

You all deserve some nice vacations :)

I hope your alternate solution will be compatible with R3 as well.
Dragon
Product: ---
S/N: 0

Post by Dragon »

Unfortunately Only the R3L have enough power to run the improvement.

in other hand, your suggestion Supmua were in the TODO list for future releases, and we were sure some of you would ask for a more powerfull keystrokes configuration, so if you agree, you will be in the Keystrokes develop team.
Supmua

Post by Supmua »

Dragon wrote:Unfortunately Only the R3L have enough power to run the improvement.

in other hand, your suggestion Supmua were in the TODO list for future releases, and we were sure some of you would ask for a more powerfull keystrokes configuration, so if you agree, you will be in the Keystrokes develop team.
Oh yeah, please add me.
Romulus Stahl
S/N: 144

Post by Romulus Stahl »

Dragon wrote:Unfortunately Only the R3L have enough power to run the improvement.

This is a point of interest to me as well, after the main issues are worked. :)