BLE Dongles ranking test

admin
Site Admin
Product: ---
S/N: 0

BLE Dongles ranking test

Post by admin »

Here we will list the result about the BLE dongle test done by users and ownself.

In Europe.
WINNERS
At this moment the winner its SVEON STC400, but one owner has found some disconnection in DCS

LOOSERS
by Realsimulator, HAMA look like work but haevy disconnect issues, finally we never can configure it, in order to make it work OK.

In USA
WINNERS
By Supmua CRS 4.0 Paired quickly and the connection stayed rock solid

LOOSERS

GENERAL DUDES, some say OK other not
By Realsimulator. SVEON STC400, Here work like a rock, we never have had any issue, but other users relate several lost connection, but.....here never
By Markturner. SVEON STC400 work OK (in UK)
By Ogami SVEON STC400 deconnections in DCS were with Sveon SCT-400. So far I had no deconnections in Rise of Flight. (France)
By Supmua ASUS BT-400 can do the pairing, but frecuent disconnection, unacceptable (USA)
By Ogami ASUS BT-400 the owner relate work ok, but In USA other owner relate issues and disconnection (France)
By Markturner. ASUS BT400 work OK (in UK)
markturner
Product: R3
S/N: 3

Re: BLE Dongles ranking test

Post by markturner »

ASUS BT400 works perfect for me here in the UK, tried the CRS first, no good. I also have the SVEON, but it did take 2 weeks to come, which is why I tried the ASUS BT400 in the meantime and it worked fine.....so I have a spare SVEON......
ogami musashi
S/N: 65

Post by ogami musashi »

admin wrote:Here we will list the result about the BLE dongle test done by users and ownself.

In Europe.
WINNERS
By Realsimulator. SVEON STC400, Here work like a rock, we never have had any issue, but other users relate several lost connection, but.....here never

LOOSERS
by Realsimulator, HAMA look like work but haevy disconnect issues, finally we never can configure it, in order to make it work OK.

In USA
WINNERS
By Supmua CRS 4.0 Paired quickly and the connection stayed rock solid

LOOSERS

GENERAL DUDES, some say OK other not
By Supmua ASUS BT-400 can do the pairing, but frecuent disconnection, unacceptable
By Ogami ASUS BT-400 the owner relate work ok, but In USA other owner relate issues and disconnection
The deconnections in RS_tools were the BT-400; Those deconnections didn't happen with the SVEON, however the deconnections in DCS were with Sveon SCT-400. So far I had no deconnections in Rise of Flight.
Supmua
Product: R3L
S/N: 55

Post by Supmua »

It seems our results are all over the places. I'm ordering an extra CSR 4.0, to see if I can still get consistent results with the new one. It seems BT connection and interference might be dependent on several factors such as the number of your WIFI devices, specific WIFI channels on your router, distance between computer and stick and source of interference, USB port type, location of USB dongle, or even background electromagnetic radiation at home, etc.

So far my best stress test for this is by leaving the RS Dev Tool app open and keep looking for signs of disconnection on that app. If you only get brief 1-2 sec disconnection/reconnection you may not notice this in games.

EDIT: it should be CSR 4.0 instead of CRS, sorry about the typo.
Last edited by Supmua on Wed Aug 14, 2019 12:37 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Dragon

Post by Dragon »

I absolutely love all of you thanks for share your dongle test.
I will update it and come back to write code for the R3L
Romulus Stahl
S/N: 144

Post by Romulus Stahl »

I have issues (disconnects when the RS_HID_Device is open to the F16SGH Panel) with both:
Checked on 3 different PC's (same house)
ASUS USB-BT400
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00DJ ... UTF8&psc=1
TECHKEY Bluetooth Adapter for PC USB Bluetooth Dongle 4.0 EDR Receiver
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07J5 ... UTF8&psc=1
In regards to WiFi, in my case I'm ruling WiFi out as I had the same issue with my AP's running in the house as well as not running (only seeing radios from outside the house)

This one arrived today no issues (yet)
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07JL ... UTF8&psc=1
The CSR dongle (actually shows up as a dongle in Devices) is working. The other BLE's would not last a minute with HID Tool on the F16 tab. I've had the CSR dongle up and running for a few hours, changing between profiles without a disconnect, I even programmed some keys.
A bit of additional info, the CSR dongle is connected via a USB cable (to one of the 2 only external MB connections) and is within 2 feet of the grip, grip is in a R3 base.
While this is working some issues still need to be addressed. USB2 isn't guaranteed to be around forever. The CSR dongle one out of a many (no guarantee how long the will be available (I'll buy some spares). I've given up on trying to find a Class 1 device do to software issues in reviews.
Last edited by Romulus Stahl on Thu Aug 15, 2019 12:04 am, edited 2 times in total.
Supmua
Product: R3L
S/N: 55

Post by Supmua »

My second CSR came in and the result is pretty much the same as the first one. Both can maintain solid BT connection, I haven't been able to get either of them to disconnect.
GK61
Product: F16SGRH
S/N: 30

Post by GK61 »

What advantages if any would be with going with USB vs that of a PCI-E card for BT? Since writing this article have any other brands been found to be best?
Dragon

Post by Dragon »

Dear.

Maybe the quality and gain of the antenna. Maybe in the PCI-E cards are better.

But look like now a days, there are not errors with the BLE or all theh owners has move to the new R3L firmware
GK61
Product: F16SGRH
S/N: 30

Post by GK61 »

Dragon wrote:Dear.

Maybe the quality and gain of the antenna. Maybe in the PCI-E cards are better.

But look like now a days, there are not errors with the BLE or all theh owners has move to the new R3L firmware
Thank you Dragon, I'll be using the R3L.