Integrating the F16SGRH in the R3L

Dragon
Product: ---
S/N: 0

Integrating the F16SGRH in the R3L

Post by Dragon »

Yesterday we start the betatesting.

Hope soon, release the version, we are focused in do it as compatible as possible with the F16SGRH in order to let you save time and effort.

THANKS
Supmua
Product: R3L
S/N: 55

Re: Integrating the F16SGRH in the R3L

Post by Supmua »

The new firmware has been great so far, the wired connection now seems to have achieved functional parity with the bluetooth counterpart. I initially had trouble unpairing the stick and had to go to device manager/show hidden devices and uninstalled it manually including redundant microsoft bluetooth devices that were hidden (in case other people have similar issues) prior to firmware update. Also had to turn key input and DX to on in the R3L tab, and afterward it works as intended. Memory slots are now 8 instead of 4 with the plain old R3L. Of course, this is initial impression only and there will be a lot more playing/testing to do.

EDIT:
Switches 23-26, 56, 57 on the stick seem to have no corresponding graphic indicators when you press those buttons in the FSSB R3 tab.

I also put it on my Virpil WarBRD base which also allows it to function without bluetooth. However, it was registered as a 19 DX/POV device similar to Warthog base. Not all the 19 buttons worked though--CMS left & TMS left did not register, DMS up also registered 2 simultaneous buttons, and POV hat only registered left and down. I still have to test it with my Warthog base, but I have a hunch that it will work perfectly with the above limitation of 19 DX/POV switches.
Dragon

Post by Dragon »

Please dont take care about the Supmua post, just as its about a beta software and firmware we are testing.
As soon as the owners testing the system give the thumbs up, we will publish it :D
Dragon

Post by Dragon »

Look like the new RS_HID_DEV_TOOl and R3L firmware its working as expected, so in a near days will be released a new installator.

Please,if some of you, want share his F16SGRH configuration, please let me know, and we will include in a folder with his name in the next release.

Cheers
Judy
Product: R3
S/N: 23

Post by Judy »

I confirm it, Dragon. The integration of the grip with the R3L works as expected. All the R3 and F16SGRH functionalities are available in the R3L tab of the RS_HID_DEV_tool you sent me. No need to have the F16SGRH device in Devices and Printers. Another work of art from RS ;-)
I'm going to uninstall the BLE dongle now and see what happens, but I'm pretty sure it will be OK.

[Edit] : I've just removed the BLE dongle and all is well. I knew it ;-)

Judy
Judy
Dragon

Post by Dragon »

Great.

SO we can continue testing until next monday, 16th September, if no issues, we will prepare the new installer, to let everybody, use the new system

REMEMBER the new integration its with the R3L, so dont try install the firmware in a R3, just as its imposible, are different electronic.