How do I actually mount the F16SGRG to Virpil base?

platypus65
Product: F16SGRH
S/N: 16

How do I actually mount the F16SGRG to Virpil base?

Post by platypus65 »

I was able to get the software side of things working great but now I want to mount the stick to my Virpil T-50 base. I am able to screw the collar on fine but it turns and wobbles. It looks like I may need an extension with more thread. Are there any solutions?
Dragon
Product: ---
S/N: 0

Re: How do I actually mount the F16SGRG to Virpil base?

Post by Dragon »

Hi I have never see a T-50 Base

Have the T-50 base, the same holes that the R3L or R3 or TM base, in order to fix the grip and dont let rotate? turn? or its flat and only have the minidin socket?

If its falt and only have the Minidin Socket, I suggest you look for something to punt in the middle to work as fixation system

If you send us your base, we can take a look about how make your life easier, but shipping to Spain and comeback to your country are not cheap. Anycase, here we are to help you.
platypus65

Post by platypus65 »

I appreciate your swift response. All is working now! I used a set screw in the collar to keep the stick in the fixed position. Just for your reference, the extension to the Virpil base does not have enough threads to keep the stick locked into position without a set screw in the collar. Fortunately, this is an easy and inexpensive solution. Many thanks! - Rob
Dragon

Post by Dragon »

HI.

Please could you, show a imagen about your solution, ir order to teach me a others about?

Thanks in advance.
platypus65

Post by platypus65 »

F16SGRHtoVirpil1.jpg
I don't think I did anything outside the design of your fantastic product. I screwed down the stick to my virpil extension. Then, to stop the twist and wobble, I purchased a size 4 "setscrew" and screwed it into the threaded hole in the base of the stick. That tightened everything up perfectly.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Dragon

Post by Dragon »

Ok Understood.

This hole, have two functions,

1) Maintenace.

2) Install a M4 screw and fix the nut, like in the real one. Sure you will take care, dont apply to much torque, to dont deform the Virpil material

Thanks for the picture ;-)
neok23
Product: R3
S/N: 202

Post by neok23 »

This is great to know!
Did you connect the stick to the virpil din connector?
Are you able to use all the virpil DX buttons and axies, or are you und Bluetooth connection of the stick?
Thanks
platypus65

Post by platypus65 »

Oops. Just saw your post Neok23. I use the Virpil base just for pitch and roll. I use bluetooth for all the button inputs. It works perfectly. And yes, I did connect the stick directly to the Virpil din connector for power.